What kind of skimmer do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
Thought this might be an enlightening question:

myself,i have an MRC2 with a blueline 55HD pump.i find this to have been my best skimmer ive owned and am working on adding and extra beckett and maybe the recirculating addition.
here is the mrc website if anyone wants to look

http://www.myreefcreations.com/MR-2-Protein-Skimmer

C

Cal_stir

i have a marineland 300 in sump and a bubble magus BM-180-CS, the bubble magus outperforms the marineland.
i skim wet so my skimmate isn't very dark.

ricklalonde

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I'm currently running the Vertex In-100 and I love it. Very quite and easy to use. Does a excellent job in my 44g frag tank.

Specifications:
Base dimensions: 13"x10"
Height: 20.25"
Diameter: 6"
Wattage: 20 Watts
Aquarium Size: 60-100 Gallons

S

Salty1

I'am running an Octopus Extreme Protein Skimmer OCT-EXT-200 

Description :

Powered by Italian made Sicce PSK-2500 pumps! *An integrated removeable bubble plate to help reduce turbulence within the skimmer which helps build a dense head of foam. *Extra-wide plumbing and necks in the design to allow for more air flow. *Wedge pipe output which allows you to adjust the skimmer and have greater control of adjustments compared to ball valves. *Improved venturi design for the Sicce PSK-2500 pump makes for simple use for protein skimmer pumps. *Features a soft pin wheel impeller as well as a mesh wheel impeller to allow hobbyist the option of which one they prefer to use. *Up to 35scfh to 37scfh of air pull using soft pin wheel impeller & up to 40scfh to 50scfh using mesh wheel impellers(air results can vary). *Draws less than 30 watts of electricity per pump. *Quick release neck on the collection cup-requires 1/2" of clearance to remove the cup. *All models are in sump skimmers only. *Modified cone neck which allows for easier transition of micro bubble to collection cup. *Height 21.75", Body Dia. 8", Footprint 13.5"x8.5". *RATED UP TO 200 GALLONS.

lewis844

I am running a aqua medic turboflotor 1000 i have been having problems with it but last night i removed it from my sump and gave it a good cleaning and it has been running great now.  Its really skimming now.

DTI 1501

I use a SWC Xtreme 350 Protein Skimmer. The company is in canada manitoba  here is the link they are great skimmers  http://www.saltwaterconnection.com

DTI 1501

Still have the turboflotor lewis 844 in my opinion its the best skimmer for the money. are u running the ocean runner 2700 with the needlewheel or did you try to mod it.I see people using a mag pump with no needwheel?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I am running a [red]Red Sea Prizm Deluxe Protein Skimmer[/red] on my 20gal tank. Reviews are correct as it is a little noisy, but nothing that is really disturbing. It is a nice little hang on skimmer with a media basket. I basically got it for free, so no complaints here.

RS1133_1.jpg

lewis844

DTI 1501 link said:
Still have the turboflotor lewis 844 in my opinion its the best skimmer for the money. are u running the ocean runner 2700 with the needlewheel or did you try to mod it.I see people using a mag pump with no needwheel?
Still running the ocean runner 2700 with the needlewheel been working great also have a max jet 1200 pump for the other flow for it

xxmurrxx

Running Aqua C Remora Nano
Working good.. Can't really compare it to any others because it's my first but it seems to do it's job.  ;D

Thinking of the Aqua C Urchin Pro for my hopefully near future 45 gal /w sump.

Status
Not open for further replies.