Online Hockey Sources?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
So just dropped sportsnet, well rogers cable, now looking for an alternative, just wondering if anyone knows of a reliable online service for nhl games?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Try Live NetTV
They list very few NHL games (currently zero), and not surprised, as the NHL comes after bootleggers pretty hard.

The issue in Canada is that rogers owns the nhl. There's no option to get away from them. Even trying to hook up through NHL directly redirects you to rogers. I really don't want to have to use a VPN to watch hockey, but it's looking like that's the only way to make sure rogers doesn't get $ from hockey. so much competition in the US, but here you get either rogers hockey...or rogers hockey through bell. Bullshit. They've been trying to get rid of Don for about 5 years, they tried to kick out Ron a couple of years back with the stromobolopolopolous fiasco.

Josh

google "reddit lazyman" its a program that intercepts the streams from nhl gamecentre so its good quality. Also works for MLB iirc.

Coming from someone that has been rogers free for 5+ years, lazyman is by far the best option. It lets you pick which stream you want, home vs away, and even carries the french broadcast too.

qvyzknt4hrx31.png

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
google "reddit lazyman" its a program that intercepts the streams from nhl gamecentre so its good quality. Also works for MLB iirc.

Coming from someone that has been rogers free for 5+ years, lazyman is by far the best option. It lets you pick which stream you want, home vs away, and even carries the french broadcast too.

qvyzknt4hrx31.png

Okay will check it out :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
you really are a salty old cracker XD
Ya, and just wait for the phone call where they try to convince me to sign back up with rogers... I had 14 accounts with them when I had all the furnished rentals, and when I sold them I cancelled. About 12 months later I was getting a call a week on my cell from them trying to con me back. Man, by about the 7th or 8th call, those guys were taking some pretty serious abuse. By the 12th I had it down to almost an art on how to keep them on the phone, and how to get them so mad they honestly regretted taking that shit call center job... So I'll be looking forward to their follow up call :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

qvyzknt4hrx31.png

So far this thing is pretty epic. The feed from it is almost in sync with the live game, and the picture quality is almost better than what I got through the cable box. I owe you a frag someday for the tip ;)

Josh

Its been going a good 2-3 years and every once in a while they "zap" it like the old satellite scanners. It takes them a day or two and its back. That happens maybe twice a year.