Ich

harleymike

Super Active Member
Ohh using paraguard. They did not have the copper one i wanted and time was an issue.
See how this stuff goes. I have read good and bad.
Funny thing is, bottle says to add daily but really doesn't give a time line. Says to stop if fish show stress.

jack

Just finished. Went and bought a 32 gallon package deal. More than i wanted to spend, but it looks good too as it will be in my dinning room.
Tore my display apart. All fish are in QT tank now and first dose of treatment in.
Display tank looks like a bomb went off. Had a hell of a time catching the lawnmower blenny. Forgot about him.
Only broke one coral. I will let things settle then finish arranging the tank again.
Lets see how it goes.
Plan is 3 months no fish. Then all fish and inverts and coral will go through quarantine from now on.
Wow good stuff do you have any pictures of the fish?

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

harleymike

Super Active Member
Ill take some tomorrow.
Min fishless according to most people is 6 weeks. Im not taking any chances, so 3 months is the plan.
Sucks but worth it I hope.

So losses are so far:

two clowns, they were my all-time favourite ones.
yellow tang
powder brown

Saved so far:

lip stick tang
sailfine tang
fox face
lawnmower blenny
engineer goby.

harleymike

Super Active Member
Well did 11 weeks no fish in DT tank, and the fish i saved from ich went through 4 weeks of purigen and 5 weeks of cuppermine. They all looked perfectly healthy.
Put them back in the DT and after 2 days sailfin tang and lipstick tang have a spot on there tail. Pretty sure its ich again.
How is this possible, after 11 weeks.
Hope I'm wrong and there just war wounds, as they are kinda scrapping for territory again.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
It's stress that is making them susceptible, try garlic, pop some in a blender and blend it into a liquid and add it to the tank, put like a couple teaspoons in, make the water smell like garlic, it will keep them eating and strengthen their immune systems, do this for a couple weeks. It worked for me in the past.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
That is impossible unless there was a fish in the DT you forgot or there was an issue with the QT treatment. In all actuality 3 weeks is normally enough fallow period but occasionally the one phase can be 45 days vs the typical week. 11 weeks fallow would mean it is dead three times over. By chance did you add anything to that tank during the fallow period? A frag?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

harleymike

Super Active Member
That is impossible unless there was a fish in the DT you forgot or there was an issue with the QT treatment. In all actuality 3 weeks is normally enough fallow period but occasionally the one phase can be 45 days vs the typical week. 11 weeks fallow would mean it is dead three times over. By chance did you add anything to that tank during the fallow period? A frag?

Added nothing. Thats why i am surprised.
It may just be a wound from battling. I will give it some time.
The fox face is picking on them. There fighting over different spots in the tank.
They were perfectly clear in the QT tank.