Hook-up Wire

Josh

any of the local hardware stores pretty well sell wire. 22 awg is basically thermostat / phone line wire. Thermostat wire is usually 18gauge. I would suggest getting a small roll of 18/5 stat wire if you are confident that size will work. It will give you red/black/white/green/yellow (usually the colors) It has a string inside that helps u strip long lengths.

MrHermit85

I thought about stat wire but for the driver hookups but I prefer stranded for soldering the leds... did you use stat wire? If you did, did you find it easy to work with?

Telephone wire isn’t really meant for applications where heat or loads as high as 1.5 amps are being hooked up.

Last edited:

Josh

Hmmmmm, I know you can get stranded stat wire because ive used it before but I dont know of any hardware stores that would carry it.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

MrHermit85

I didn’t think of princess auto! Thanks guys!

I did see the wire on amazon but I always try to find locally before buying through amazon.

I will try 18 out this time then, 22 is pretty thin.

MrHermit85

Hmmmmm, I know you can get stranded stat wire because ive used it before but I dont know of any hardware stores that would carry it.

I have not seen the stranded. I bet electrozad or a supplier would have some. I think I will try princess auto first.

Zombiex

What about a comp supply store? I know nothing about what your doing but they should have wire. There was a place near nova craft canoe couple years ago. Cant think of name of it tho. Had alot of electrical items. Other place maybe forest citt surplus.

MrHermit85

What about a comp supply store? I know nothing about what your doing but they should have wire. There was a place near nova craft canoe couple years ago. Cant think of name of it tho. Had alot of electrical items. Other place maybe forest citt surplus.

Electrical and electronic supply? On nightingale? Looks likely place to look. Thanks

Zombiex

No problem. Thats likely it. Its been a few years since i was there. The store was wall to wall electronics.