Don't Even Know Where To Start

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Anybody? Short tenticles, stings other coral, when handled the tenticles retract and looks like a skinny tight maze brain pattern.

3c5367936fa5fff67894ea410a92ffef.jpg

bebe9b621648ffa65cd8b68ad12af747.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
You may have started right where you needed to be... some Leptoria (maze brains et al) have ridges that are so shallow that they cannot be seen unless the coral is fully retracted. Look up meandering coralites and you will find info that will narrow species down based on the shape and pattern of the ridges and valleys that you can see.

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
torx does it look like this, minus the colours, my orange and green-blue body leptastrea doesn't have the ridges, but the green kind is known for having some
image.jpg
, or it kinda looks like a tooth coral (Galaxea), it also has short tentacles, but has very potent long sweepers
image.jpg

Kman

Super Active Member
I know the name but it escapes me at the moment. I will try to remember. This is a encrusting phase. The non encrusting used to be quite popular as it grew really cool.

Kman

Super Active Member
I have to look up the one I am thinking of that I mentioned first tonight when I get home. It has a potent sting so I would give it room to grow. They do color up nicely.

Kman

Super Active Member
My brother had one and it was a striking green with pink highlights that it got over time. Extremely rare for sure nowadays so good score. It really doesn't like hair algae on the skeleton and it will go down hill pretty quickly if it is not removed. I found it more sensitive then the branching Hydnophora.