Diy Oversize Biopellets Reactor

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I am thinking about going back to pellets, but the amount of pellets I use I fill most reactors when they are running. I sold the best reactor I had used a while ago and regret it, but even it was hard to get it to tumble without getting it stuck to the output. PITA.

So I had an old leaky calcium reactor sitting around and thus beast will hold a lot of pellets AND should never have any issues. I used a 1/2" nipped and carved it for the input nozzle. Now I need to find some acrylic cement to assemble. I have solvent, but will need the cement for the input as it isn't perfect.

868146f2fc037850e5c2a8ec6b0994db.jpg

e62b2e8cdd03d5bd24f69289c2362a0c.jpg

6be3655b4b21fe59c8efdf9ef25517dd.jpg

bdfe15a361dab7c476c0b564d4b951e8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I agree. I am working with what I have on hand. Although I think i messed it up. I went for a swirl to tumble like my last reactor, but I would prefer the down flow. I ordered some uniseal bulkheads and am going to redo it to resemble a recirculating reactor.

bluewater

Redid it. I will be sticking to the down flow set up. Water testing my seals now and all looks good so far.

I have a second to do as well. It is skinnier and taller. Although it is more work as I need to build a top for it.

d0b7fe8fc579268186724ed97bbe1fbe.jpg

seen these ? http://www.avastmarine.com/collections/avast-built/products/spyglass... Video shows them working without a top as well. That cone lifts out (no bolts/gaskets) and sure looks like a plastic bottle ;)

cheers

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
This one is a beast. Here it is with 2 cups of pellets and a mag 9. I still have the feed and drain to set up. But I am a fan. I doubt this bitch will ever clog. I have a smaller lower wattage pump I think i will use though.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Up and running, tied into the system. Fired it up the first time and once pressure was added the lid seal leaked like crazy. I took it apart and just used silicone to seal it. No leaks now and working great. I just need to pick up new 1/2" hose to replace the old stuff and move it to the floor. Total out of pocket $25 and a few hours tinkering.

f2968b0cefb516322b3320e4b3944aa7.jpg