Led To T5 Move

Nemo22

Kessils I have 2 A160we tuna blue with kessil controller and seriously I'm not one to recommend things but kessil has to be one of the best on the market and can't beat the price (there is a "knock off" brand) cant remeber the name and never looked into them .
You get good coverage with the Kessils Luke? One or two to cover 19" x 17" surface area?

Canadianeh

Is it possible to use any other area type T bulb and fixture for aquarium in addition to Ecotech Radion Pro? Such T8, T12, and etc?

or does it have to be T5 for aquarium purpose only?

Luke.

Distinguished Member
You get good coverage with the Kessils Luke? One or two to cover 19" x 17" surface area?

Sorry never seen this

My kessil the websit says 24"x24"
I have 2 on my 3' tank because I can't centre the light with a cross brace I'd say 1 just if you're going hard in sps get the 360 the 160 dose grow my sps fine though

Canadianeh

I think I am going to go with ATI Sunpower 4 bulbs and add 1 Reefbrite Tech LED.

Anyone knows who sell Reefbrite Tech LED?

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Thanks guys! Wow the potential of much higher cost alone already kinda keeping me on the LED side LOL

which LED fixtures that you guys are using or know people using that give them awesome growth on corals?

I have the old school Ai sol blues and love them to death they are discontinued but Ai continues to supply parts even for their discontinued models. The newer Ai models are even better than mine but I still have 5-6 years left on mine. The bulb replacement and power costs of t5 were way too much for me. Plus I like the controllability and the shimmer from led. IMHO most lower end led are bare minimal and horrible for growth so stick with the major brands that spend the money on testing and are well proven. Anything else is a hum and a whim and hope it does like its suppose to. I cried at what I had to pay at first but now after a few years it's like hallelujah!

Canadianeh

I have Innovative Marine all in one 40 tank with 24" length, 20" height, and 14" width (display dimension)

Is 6 bulb ATI sunpower too big? I want to get the 6 bulb one just so if I upgrade to a bit bigger tank I can use it. I also worried that since the 6 bulb one is wider, it will hover on top of the back sump portion of the all in one tank which has the skimmer and other devices.