Apex

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
So I think this time I'll.be getting a apex right away to help monitor since I work alot. Don't know if I can justify the 1220 with taxes on the New Apex lol. I do like the fact that it has built in WiFi now and makes it easier. Getting to a router won't be an issue since it's in my room. I'm assuming it'll probably just as difficult to connect to it it outside of ur WiFi though. So should I just go with the older version and save myself 3-400$, or spend the extra and go with the new one. What's other people's thoughts?

Kman

Super Active Member
If you have a dlink wifi router it comes with a free service called DDNS that you sigh up for and assign the MAC address of the router. It then lets you easily access from outside your network. Or you can use a free DDNS like the link below.

I myself think the new Apex is cool but it still has a way to go to get all the bugs out so to me it is not worth it. Unless you have money that is burning a hole in your pocket. lol

http://www.noip.com/free

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I agree with Kman. I follow Neptune Systems and there are several ongoing issues with the new one. There are a lot of benefits to the new one, but if I was buying one today, I would still get the Apex Classic.

Accessing the Apex outside the network is a non issue now that they released Fusion which is web browser based and can be accessed with any browser. It does 99% of what you need it to and they stopped supporting the App available in App stores. You do not need to set up anything special through your router for Fusion, it just works once you set up the Apex from home. The only time you need to worry about a DDNS or port forwarding etc would be if you want to stream a wifi camera.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
If yu need a new power bar yu need to find the old one ?...the new power bar won't work with old apex ?

Correct, the new EB832 is not compatible with Apex Classic. There are several new features that made the unit not compatible. They are not stopping production of the Classic Apex or its components any time soon.

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Personally I would ditch the Apex and look at the Profilux 4. Profilux is by far the best controller out there. There is a good sale on right now for the P4 sets which will be delivered in December. As well, in the near future the P4 will be able to do constant monitoring of ALK and Calc.

I have run a profilux for over 8 years, never once had an issue and the modules are quick add ons and the controller is unlimited in what it can do. Best thing about Profilux is the new units are backwards compatible with the older versions and some of the older versions are 4+ years old. They don't try and rip you off with a new controller or new modules that don't work in an older version. You can have faith that any new developments will not leave your expensive controller in the dust without buying an entire new unit.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Personally I would ditch the Apex and look at the Profilux 4. Profilux is by far the best controller out there. There is a good sale on right now for the P4 sets which will be delivered in December. As well, in the near future the P4 will be able to do constant monitoring of ALK and Calc.

I have run a profilux for over 8 years, never once had an issue and the modules are quick add ons and the controller is unlimited in what it can do. Best thing about Profilux is the new units are backwards compatible with the older versions and some of the older versions are 4+ years old. They don't try and rip you off with a new controller or new modules that don't work in an older version. You can have faith that any new developments will not leave your expensive controller in the dust without buying an entire new unit.
Is it easy to run and user friendly like the apex aswell?

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Price on website is confusing. How much for everything you would need?

Alone controller $xxxxx
Mega set and ultimate set same price? Set with more options is Cheaper than just controller?

Sorry for all the questions but a easy dependable controller would be a potential purchase

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Price on website is confusing. How much for everything you would need?

Alone controller $xxxxx
Mega set and ultimate set same price? Set with more options is Cheaper than just controller?

Sorry for all the questions but a easy dependable controller would be a potential purchase

Sorry about that. Site is fixed

http://bigshowfrags.com/profilux-4-ghl/

Nighthawk26

They for sure have come way way down in price. Given everything it does, and it's new price, anyone shopping for a new controller who already doesn't have a ton invested in Apex would be silly not to at least look at this as an option.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
So option 1 at $611.99 is really pointless as it is just the head unit and the next step is $1,019.99. That is very competitive with Neptune's Apex. I like the display for it, but for an extra $300...ouch. I really like the look of this unit though. Looks 100x better then the new Apex and I watched a video on programming, seems like it would be pretty simple once you start figuring things out.

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
So option 1 at $611.99 is really pointless as it is just the head unit and the next step is $1,019.99. That is very competitive with Neptune's Apex. I like the display for it, but for an extra $300...ouch. I really like the look of this unit though. Looks 100x better then the new Apex and I watched a video on programming, seems like it would be pretty simple once you start figuring things out.

Agree. The touch screen head unit is the only difference between the Mega and Ultimate set. The touch screen is purely a luxury item. The head unit has a display on it so you can do any quick programming via head unit.