Overstocked 6g Saltwater

MeridiaRose

I heard that you all like pictures... don't run me out of town just yet.

I know this tank is overstocked. I messed up pretty bad when I first set it up the tank, it was my first ever saltwater tank. Its overstocked I know, but I am religious on my water changes (my fiance says I pay more attention to the tank than I do him). These are the first fish that have survived this tank. I originally had clownfish but my own stupidity killed them and after they died I did some serious research, fixed my parameters. Its still over stocked because I naively listened to the salesperson at the LFS but its working.

Tank: Aqua One Reflex 13
Filter: all in one with 300L/hr return pump
Heater: Marineland Precision Submersible 50watts
PowerHead: Hydor Koralia Nano Pump 240
Sand: 20 pounds live sand
Rock: 10 pounds Cured Live Rock from LFS
Lights: went through a handful of different lights but landed on (and still in love with) the AI Prime

First setting it up:

fk4z967.jpg

Rockwork:

edKac01.jpg

Clownfish (I named them all Stanley):

mgSjSrZ.jpg

WMc6eaC.jpg

MeridiaRose

This tank, although not very good, has been up and running for over 2 years now (closer to three is memory serves correctly). I know that it is over stocked but everything seems to be relatively happy at the moment. Currently this tank is back at my parents house while I wait for the 10 gallon to cycle (I bought new sand and rock).

I know that this isn't the best tank, and I'm sure I'll get some slack for starting a small tank and probably doing everything wrong, it has been an extremely big learning curve but I thought I would share some of the pictures that I have taken over the past couple of years.

If anyone is interested I have more pictures lying around.

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Well if it's working for you... just keep doing what your doing. Looks great.

MeridiaRose

Finally switched to the 10 gallon, still overstocked but I'm not putting the yellowtail damsels with the clowns in the 125. So for now they are staying put.

Not the greatest pictures but ..

526a496c1dd3d37b304f38148018ca8b.jpg

6e06e9116b1d2a277b6fae7ce92eefaf.jpg

487783f1a1b29ebdda5962eb7e06628d.jpg

0c0a693a57870e0782c33120d3058833.jpg

Sent from my A2001 using Tapatalk

Bayinaung

There are a lot of discussions about the use of marine pure / siporax / matrix in marine aquaria for greater bioload capacity. These substrates have greater surface area for biological filtration vs most type of live rock and due to the form you can fit more of them into sumps/filters etc. That way you can really "overstock" your nano! Some have gone to use just these in place of any live rock in their marine aquaria and are doing so successfully.