Back In The Game

LIttle Reef Keeper

Website
www.facebook.com
As many if you know I recently lost all of my fish to velvet. It's been 4 months and I've had alot of time to think. I went shop hopping through TO the past weekend and couldn't resist but to get some fish again! Foxy is still pretty shy but can't wait to get fish in the tank again! :D

0171aecdbf78787b7f22d65c7a4b925e.jpg
49d5bba48359f33e31a366b06f3552c5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Glad your back in Zack! I hope your better luck :( I know the feeling I lost a lot because of random deaths and i read about red velvet and it's hard to over come , in my experience I've never had much luck with QT so I always took my chance , I tried QT 7 times and it only worked once but I took te fish out after 3 weeks , love the fox face and chromis ! I started with 4 and they there was 1 lol , if they arnt picking on each other by now you should be fine and I made the mistake of getting all different sizes so I watch the big guy kill off the smaller ones haha :(

thehvacman

What size is that qt? 20? I have a 75 qt and I hate how huge it is.
My success with quarantining tangs improved so much after setting up a 90 gallon for them. It just depends on what you are quarantining. I also have a 15 gallon running for smaller fish. I am so glad that my fish population is finally getting to where I want it, so I can start shutting down the extra tanks. I really only want 1 system to look after, 3 is too much!

LIttle Reef Keeper

Website
www.facebook.com
Glad your back in Zack! I hope your better luck :( I know the feeling I lost a lot because of random deaths and i read about red velvet and it's hard to over come , in my experience I've never had much luck with QT so I always took my chance , I tried QT 7 times and it only worked once but I took te fish out after 3 weeks , love the fox face and chromis ! I started with 4 and they there was 1 lol , if they arnt picking on each other by now you should be fine and I made the mistake of getting all different sizes so I watch the big guy kill off the smaller ones haha :(
Lol ya they're acting like siblings haha! Super cute

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

reef keeper

Super Active Member
I lost so many fish in qt - either from wicked flukes, or from oxygen depletion from prazi. I even bought a MASSIVE air pump, and it wasn't enough. Angels are tough to QT. they are known to be fluke factories, yet won't handle copper at all. So you have to use prazi, which kills them. So pi$$ed.

Nick James

Good job! Did you keep your previous system running or did you start a new tank? Too lazy to search through the tank section! ;)