Tube Worm Of Some Sort?

Nick James

Over the past week or so I have noticed this skinny white tube "grow" out of the sand. Initially thought it was a dead peice of cheato that got loose into the display. Then a cup formed and a little fuzzy fan of some sort was observed sticking out of the cup. Now the fuzz is gone and there is another cup. Can't find any like it in my google searches.

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Over the past week or so I have noticed this skinny white tube "grow" out of the sand. Initially thought it was a dead peice of cheato that got loose into the display. Then a cup formed and a little fuzzy fan of some sort was observed sticking out of the cup. Now the fuzz is gone and there is another cup. Can't find any like it in my google searches.

Not sure what it is but it looks cool. Does it move around like it's looking for food or anything.

Kman

Super Active Member
what color is it? Is it greenish? I have seen calcareous algae look something like this. I will look it up in my ID book when I get home to see if i can find it.

Nick James

what color is it? Is it greenish? I have seen calcareous algae look something like this. I will look it up in my ID book when I get home to see if i can find it.

It is white but the cup does look like it could have a faint green hue. There is no colour to the "fuzz" cloud that I observed before. It Definately has a hole in the center.

Nick James

Now the creature is growing a third plate/layer. The clear fuzz has been out all week and today I noticed the third layer starting to form. Really cool little tube worm (I'm assuming)