Another Newbie

Alberych

Hi there!

New to this forum. My wife and I had a marine tank several years ago in Texas, but with law school/a baby/moving/etc. we had to part with it until now. We're excited to start up a new tank and see what's changed over the past few years, and what differences there are between keeping a tank by the gulf and up in the Great White North.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Welcome. Just looked at your build thread and looks like you got a good start/handle on things so far. Enjoy your stay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zoomster

Welcome to the Frag tank eh!
I am sure you will enjoy being a part of our great community here!
Lots of great people, help and experience to be had here!

Pipes

Welcome. Remember that common sense and going slow are you best friends. Nothing good happens fast in reefing...

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
This is an excellent community with lots of helpful friendly people. Welcome and enjoy

Sewerat

Super Active Member
Note to newbie and self. Never work in tank without gloves on. Go get disposable nitrile gloves and keep at all locations where tank work may occur.

Damn hand is full of stings again today from worms. Why am I so stupid???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alberych

Note to newbie and self. Never work in tank without gloves on. Go get disposable nitrile gloves and keep at all locations where tank work may occur.

Damn hand is full of stings again today from worms. Why am I so stupid???

I'd still rather have that than the DIY residues I've got on my hands atm. I can count: latex house paint, pond foam, marine epoxy, hydraulic cement, and silicone. I think I'm going to order a pair of those shoulder length gloves now...

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
I'd still rather have that than the DIY residues I've got on my hands atm. I can count: latex house paint, pond foam, marine epoxy, hydraulic cement, and silicone. I think I'm going to order a pair of those shoulder length gloves now...
Oh no you don't!!!:(. Them bristle worm stings can put you down, or even worse get so badly infected they have to chop off you hand or more, worse case scenario :0...

Sewerat

Super Active Member
No you really don't want the bristle worm stings. They suck, itchy, burning, tingling numbness all at once, swelling and stiffness in the fingers.

Kman

Super Active Member
In time you actually get used to them. I have been stung so many times I don't feel them anymore. lol