Diy Coral Snow?!?

Pipes

I bought 5 lbs of it!

It works pretty damn well; and you don't have to be affraid of over dosing it.

I could either sell a pound of the powered itself, or I could make a batch and sell it pre-made/mixed.
Hmmm. Two guys meeting in a parking lot. One has cash, the other white power.... Sounds like a t.v. show waiting to happen.;)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
im surprised nobody has mentioned there are two kinds of calcium carbonate powder. organic made from living things like coral and sedimentary that is essentially limestone. i know for body obsorbtion the sedimentary is 1 for every 10 000 units and the organic is like 1500 for every 10000 units so wondering what the difference between the two is. maybe thats why the health food style is more expensive its the organic not sedimentary.

LIttle Reef Keeper

Website
www.facebook.com
im surprised nobody has mentioned there are two kinds of calcium carbonate powder. organic made from living things like coral and sedimentary that is essentially limestone. i know for body obsorbtion the sedimentary is 1 for every 10 000 units and the organic is like 1500 for every 10000 units so wondering what the difference between the two is. maybe thats why the health food style is more expensive its the organic not sedimentary.
Are they both safe?

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
not sure for a reef but should be. i just know theres a difference in absorbtion rate to the human body which to me also suggests a possibility of it being partially soluble.

Nick James

The article says to use food grade. I am not sure if both can be food grade but I would lean towards the organic over the limestone.. But I am just guessing.

Pipes

Beachville Lime / Carmuse is just down the road. Anybody know what the grade specifications are? They bag about 10 different varieties. I could buy lime by the skid...

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
The article says to use food grade. I am not sure if both can be food grade but I would lean towards the organic over the limestone.. But I am just guessing.
thats the thing both kinds are used in mineral supplements lol food grade ingredients just mean the facility ensures it doesnt come in contact with non edible things

LIttle Reef Keeper

Website
www.facebook.com
This is the stuff I got. It's food grade but doesn't specify where it came from.

ce0ea4008b9eb1831169af8b53da29d6.jpg

Nick James

I tried my local health stores for that same stuff Zack, no luck. I'll have to get them to order it for me bc they do carry NOW products.

Nick James

Spoke to a pharmacist friend and she ordered me 500g of USP grade calcium carbonate for $10.

Just dosed my first 1 ml.. I'll see in the morning if I notice any difference. I thought my water was pretty clear to begin with..