SITE NEWS Virus/witch Hunt On Our Forum

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
I have had 2 reports of something on the fragtank being flagged as a virus. These reports are 6 months apart by different people.

Report goes that the website throws an error and then the antivirus flags an unsafe site.

I do not need reports of errors unless it was followed by the AV yelling at you. All sites have errors due to overload or maintenance sometimes being done. I find Xenforo to be pretty good in this regard.

=
So help me out here, has anyone had this happen before?
What exactly were you doing at the time?
What antivirus are you using?
Name of "virus".
Log files would be great.
=

Possibility 1 - Its not us and its their comps or another window they have open.
Possibility 2 - The fact the site has thrown an error causes the AV to flag the site as unsafe. False Positive etc
Possibility 3 - It is us and we have some digging to do.

=
I can say that the site is up to date in regards to security stuff, the webs host actively runs an AV of their own and a security scan is completed every few days if I recall. So I am hesitant to think its us and that there is another reason.

However since I can not say 100% for sure it isnt us I have to ask and at least try to track this thing down, which is where you all come in.

Personally I have no issues using the site as I always have.

:)

Get hunting and remember the more info you give me the better.

Last edited:

heath

Distinguished Member
nothing here except an error message once in a while that there are too many users at the time... but, my computer sucks lately so it could be just me, where is a good place to take it and get it fixed..

Nighthawk26

The only weird thing I've ever had is if I've clicked a link to beanbagfrags. My browser will block it all together.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
The only weird thing I've ever had is if I've clicked a link to beanbagfrags. My browser will block it all together.
He was recently the victim of internet rape. So not surprised the AV blocked it during that time.

@Big_Als_London You will need to step up your rape game to keep him down it seems.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
nothing here except an error message once in a while that there are too many users at the time... but, my computer sucks lately so it could be just me, where is a good place to take it and get it fixed..
Ya thats nothign to do with your computer... its the connections to the sites Database that is giving an error.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
It won't be an email based one. Find another scape goat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
getting an error 10:20 10:26 tonight

An exception occurred: User thefrag3_xenforo already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /home1/thefrag3/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php on line 333

1. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 315
  2. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection() in XenForo/Application.php at line 728
  3. XenForo_Application->loadDb()
  4. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/Application.php at line 971
  5. XenForo_Application->lazyLoad() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1002
  6. XenForo_Application::get() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1607
  7. XenForo_Application::getDb() in XenForo/Model.php at line 161
  8. XenForo_Model->_getDb() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 138
  9. XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->_getMultiFromDb() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 97
  10. XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->getMulti() in XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php at line 147
  11. XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract->preLoadData() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 127
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home1/thefrag3/public_html/community/index.php at line 13

shamous113

I'd say the site is clean, I haven't had any thing hit my firewall or av here or at work. I have run in to the max users a few times tonight, and have also found when you hit the "home" button at the top or bottom of the webpage it logs me out but shows my user still logged in.

An exception occurred: User thefrag3_xenforo already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /home1/thefrag3/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php on line 333

1. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 315
  2. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection() in XenForo/Application.php at line 728
  3. XenForo_Application->loadDb()
  4. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/Application.php at line 971
  5. XenForo_Application->lazyLoad() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1002
  6. XenForo_Application::get() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1607
  7. XenForo_Application::getDb() in XenForo/Model.php at line 161
  8. XenForo_Model->_getDb() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 138
  9. XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->_getMultiFromDb() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 97
  10. XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->getMulti() in XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php at line 147
  11. XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract->preLoadData() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 127
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home1/thefrag3/public_html/community/index.php at line 13

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Ya info make changes live. Even full updates. No one ever notices :).

That's not the case tonight though.

I'll look into raising the limits of connections

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pipes

I had a virus warning quite awhile ago. I'm using Eset node anti virus. Reported it as a trogen. Never had it since.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
habit and experience if you lived through the windows ME days etc :)

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
agreed though that the windows virus scanner is on par with a lot of the other AV programs. I still run AVG or Bitdefender (free versions) just cause that's what I am used to