Seems Yet Another Coral Show Is Coming

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Join forces under one show :) .. Niagara one year, London another, Brantford another :)

just a thought

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Joining forces would never work, insofar as I can't imagine how I would keep the bullshit out if I wasn't completely in charge. I know that sounds awful, but you guys wouldn't believe the shenanigans that can happen ("hey I'll give you $200 if you kick that other guy out of the show" "I need to be second table in, move that other guy or I'll badmouth your show" "I know you don't like ______ but he is our supplier so he's going to get top billing" "you really should let ________ into the fest, I don't know why everyone hates them, but they are the most awesome store ever" "hey my brother owns a warehouse so we're going to do the show there" "I know I reserved 5 tables but now I don't want any give me my money back"). Stuff like that. I don't have affiliations, and I don't keep the money from the fest (which I'm assuming wouldn't be a popular policy for many), so basically nobody can touch me with bribes/threats whatever, and I can run a clean 'fest. I DO get it, for some this is their means of supporting their families etc, so stakes are high, but for me, this is how I blow off a bit of steam and give back to the salt community. There's a lot of good chaps in the hobby and I want to help them out, not clean out their wallets lol.

On monday I'll call the hall and see about availability and get a date set. The woman was a bitch last year but maybe it's back to the people I previously dealt with, which were awesome. I just had to pencil it into my dayplanner for next week. If I can lock down a date I'll start the reservations for tables asap.

Sorry for what looks like a tirade. Take it with a grain of salt :)

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Oh ya...lock it down. We will grab a table...a whole table this year lol. I like the idea of someone bringing donuts...does that break their food rule? LoL

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

bart84

If you can help us by confirming your date is going to be in April and if you are aware of any others planned this would be helpful as the Brantford show has changed it dates the past two years and we are trying to confirm the dates of any planned Toronto shows so we can ensure there are no conflicts.

From the Brantford Coral Show. We ( Steve Sault / bart84 )have only done shows last year. We did a spring and fall. We have decided to forgo the spring and only do a fall show. We are aiming for the end of September or into October. This depends on the availability of the hall.

skittles

How about some shows/sales a little further north. For the people up here that support you guys down there and missing out A LOT on good stuff. Not complaining but even one in Orangeville or barrie would help. There is nowhere here. Thanks.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
How about some shows/sales a little further north. For the people up here that support you guys down there and missing out A LOT on good stuff. Not complaining but even one in Orangeville or barrie would help. There is nowhere here. Thanks.
There has been 3 in Vaughan in the last 2 years IIRC. As well as 2 or 3 Brantford. Plus a few others in the TO area.

skittles

Like I said, not complaining but there is absolutely no where to buy salt water (corals/reefs/fish) north of hwy 7. Big al's in barrie and that's it and it's a 2+ hour drive. Just saying.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Like I said, not complaining but there is absolutely no where to buy salt water (corals/reefs/fish) north of hwy 7. Big al's in barrie and that's it and it's a 2+ hour drive. Just saying.
Oh wow, Hanover. I was just checking out Orangeville to those places. You are way out there.

skittles

Orangeville wouldn't be far for a lot of people but would be so much more convenient for us up here. Whenever we go down to kitchener/mississauga areas (or plan a trip), always 8-10 hours and a much lighter wallet.

skittles

I so totally agree with you. We had a store here until about 2 years. Unfortunately the owner closed it. A lot of people have gotten out of the hobby since. Of course that's when I got into it with a lot of help from Ed of barebottomcouple. I can't do it cuz I have my own business but properly managed it would do well. Any volunteers - store rent is cheaper up here.