Calling All Bow Shooters

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
those are for maintaining borders not hunting. shoot a deer with one of those and theres no meat left to eat... kinda pointless. In history guns were only created because any idiot could shoot acurately with next to no training where as bows takes alot of skill and practice to be efficient ;) just generals pushing more meat for the grinder

davesolo29

Super Active Member
I used to make my own pvc bows. There pretty fun for target practice. I've mad a few that could take down large animals but you need some good muscle to hold long enough to aim. Ouch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
I used to make my own pvc bows. There pretty fun for target practice. I've mad a few that could take down large animals but you need some good muscle to hold long enough to aim. Ouch.

ive seen a bunch of videos.... and a bunch of ones exploding and is a little scary compared to a wood. im not surei want chunks of pvc flinging at me. wood ones just crack or splinter and fold a couple inches. plus those wood ones just look so damn good even as a wall hangar. the poundage of the bow gets adjusted during tillering with wood so you could have a 65# or a 20# only difference is the amount of wood you shave and type. plus in the end ill have a $300 bow for under $100 :)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
@davesolo29 @EricTMah @Shooter000 and eanyone else viewing haha got it done just gotta break in stain and seal ;)
20160312_213049.jpg

davesolo29

Super Active Member
So, who's ready to do some shooting? Just picked up a new elite yesterday. Looking to shoot it ASAP. I should break down and buy a range membership but I want to shoot more than 20 yards.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
Hey boys anytime you want an area to practice or hunt just let me know, we got 20-30 acres of bush with a field that funnels into a big ravine also a creek runs through our property as well:)

I might be taking you up on this offer.
Pm me with a contact number. Cell preferably so I can text.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
I might be taking you up on this offer.
Pm me with a contact number. Cell preferably so I can text.

Shooter is like 3 hrs away lol it sucks... Know anyone with a farm lol a case of beer goes a long way if you do. I havnt shot my x bow in a while now :( damn memberships are expensive unless you plan on going every weekend. I have a target just need somewhere close out of the city.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Our range has 45, 86, 100 and 300 yard ranges, but has been royally butt fucked by the current president so that NOBODY has been allowed to shoot without a NON SHOOTING RSO on the line. So you literally have to bring out someone with an RSO license who can't shoot, who will sit there and watch you. Supposedly they are installing cameras, at which point we will be able to shoot by ourselves, or oversee guest shooters. Total load of BS.

...oh and also why would anyone ever need an AR-15?!?!?!

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Our range has 45, 86, 100 and 300 yard ranges, but has been royally butt fucked by the current president so that NOBODY has been allowed to shoot without a NON SHOOTING RSO on the line. So you literally have to bring out someone with an RSO license who can't shoot, who will sit there and watch you. Supposedly they are installing cameras, at which point we will be able to shoot by ourselves, or oversee guest shooters. Total load of BS.

...oh and also why would anyone ever need an AR-15?!?!?!

They are all starting to do that... Ever since that 12yr old shot the instructor with a full auto uzi. Just sucks I'm not aloud to shoot the 3D targets with my Xbox here. Can't justify $280 a year to shoot a bag target a few times a year. Crown land around me changed to no target shooting thanks to the idiots leaving all their spent brass!