Programable Dimmer

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
You definitely have your work cut out for you. There are a few options, all of which challenging, that will have to wait until I get home, but first, do you plan on purchasing a controller such as an Apex?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

reeflover

I wouldn't go for Apex... this is a very small tank and I just want the lights to dim by themselves.... nothing more.
Take your time... I am grateful you are looking into my problem and trying to help. I can wait... everything is going well in my tank for a long time now but I just feel that the anemone will enjoy a "light with a twist"....

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
RapidLED used to have a driver called RapidLED DDC-01. You would basically just have to cut out the pods and extend the wires to the controller. It would have been a fairly simple diy. I can not find a link to it on their site anymore though. All the DIY I have on hand is to make your fixture compatible with a existing controller such as the Apex or Reef Angel.

reeflover

OMG how did I miss all this postings? I love it! ...and secretly I so waited for a reason to get my soldering iron out... where did I put it in the first place?

reeflover

Torx
RapidLED used to have a driver called RapidLED DDC-01. You would basically just have to cut out the pods and extend the wires to the controller. It would have been a fairly simple diy. I can not find a link to it on their site anymore though. All the DIY I have on hand is to make your fixture compatible with a existing controller such as the Apex or Reef Angel.

Torx, do you have the clear instructions on how to do it with Apex controller? Like what wires I have to cut and pin mapping... what goes where...?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I can get 99% of it. There is a board you can get that converts the 0-10v dimming signal to the PWM signal that your drivers use. I believe the board does 2 channels. No soldering required. Probably can't post it all till the weekend, but will try and get the links to purchase the board today

Last edited:

reeflover

Thanks a lot! Yo
I can get 99% of it. There is a board you can get that converts the 0-10v digital signal to the PWM signal that your drivers use. I believe the board does 2 channels. No soldering required. Probably can't post it all till the weekend, but will try and get the links to purchase the board today

Thanks a lot! You are awesome! ...I'll wait patiently...

Quartapound

this is the DIY solution I used. (it works if your driver uses 0-10V for dimming)
edit.... sounds like your driver uses PWM, which you can connect directly to an arduino for control.

arduino%252Btransistor_simple.jpg

I have my arduino setup with an RTC clock (to keep accurate time) and a network shield, I'm using a program that first turns on blue, then awhile later whites, then slowly ramps up both, and does the opposite at night.
the arduino is hosting a webpage, which I always have open on my phone's browser tab, so that I can control the lights manually and override the program, or do other things like feed the tank.

reeflover

I never opened my lights... I have no idea what's inside there, what drivers and power supplies they used... But I will open them one of these days...

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Hyperhippy

Website
www.universalartwork.com
I never opened my lights... I have no idea what's inside there, what drivers and power supplies they used... But I will open them one of these days...

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
Did you ever figure anything out with these lights? I have two of the 300w Mars aquas and have been searching everywhere for answers. I would like to run them off the Typhon or Bluefish controller. All I have found out is that the dimmer pots are VDM (analog). No clue what the actual drivers are.
Thanks.. Jim...