What Should I Do With A 7.5 Gal Cube?

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I just picked up one of those 12*12*12 Rimless cubes at BA's

Originally thought I was going to get a smaller tank for a Office betta. But thought this size had more potential for other fish or concepts.

Anyone have a cool idea for a small cube?

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
not really sure if I want a nano reef.

I was thinking about that but wouldnt want to use anything other than live rock and a power head for circulation. Also it would get really expensive.

was thinking maybe small saltwater fish but I already have them.
so was thinking fresh water options
Maybe a single goldfish? like a lionhead.
maybe some gertude, threadfin or fortail raindows?
maybe some pygmy Corydoras
nano fresh water stuff

if salt I think a dwarf lion be too cramped
maybe a single clown?prefer a small fish that was unique

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
ive had the fresh water shrimp thing. they are cool but not really that interesting after a while. Because most of the action is on the bottom of the tank.

Maybe pea puffers or Lamprologus speciosus kind of have a soft spot for them mini bulldozers

Does Aquarium by Design have any small Colbat Neo thermal heaters?

Last edited:

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I've never worked their retail store. So it's not obvious. Especially cause you asked me what they have in stock

Sony Xperia Z3
Sorry, I guess im just upset that the only great store close other than Toronto is closing its doors. I really like the people that worked there as well and now they are out of a job and its less than a month away from Christmas.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
put a couple peices of tonga branch epoxy on some monti cap and digi and fill the gaps with zoas.... should be crazy after a couple months. a couple blood shrimp and a clown will give ya some action too ;) at least thats what id do lol

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
put a couple peices of tonga branch epoxy on some monti cap and digi and fill the gaps with zoas.... should be crazy after a couple months. a couple blood shrimp and a clown will give ya some action too ;) at least thats what id do lol
and what do I use for light? one of my Innovative Marine skkye led lights? no skimmer or anything?

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
without a huge bio load from alot of fish small weekly waterchanges should be more than enough to keep things where they should be and a small nano powerhead to keep flow. what model of light is it ill check for you. for the most part if your lights will keep lps and softies they should keep monties as well. its the acros and millies that need the super lights lol. Caps and digis do just fine in moderate lighting plus adds alot of colour variation at a cheap price and grow alot faster than other sps.

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
and what do I use for light? one of my Innovative Marine skkye led lights? no skimmer or anything?
That light should be plenty.

Like @scubasteve said. Keep bio load low and weekly WC's will be fine. My nano is going strong and no skimmer or fancy equipment. Just weekly WC's with my waste water from my dt

Sony Xperia Z3

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
could you do a scorpion fish? I don't think I've saw a frog fish at a LFS do they get them in often?

Yup you could. I can get you whatever predator fish you would like :). They do have them sort of often, but I wouldn't say regularly due to the limited amount of people that would buy them