Members

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Names Jerry, unibob or uniboob on other forums that allow the word boob.

Been in the saltwater hobby for about 5-6 years now. And have been running bean bag frags for about 3 years. During the day I am a technician for a gate/security company where we dabble into many many things. My speciality is security/access control/door entry systems.

Main goal with bean bag frags is to promote hobby and help as many people as I can in doing so.

Have met tons of great people, as well as some that I choose not to deal with anymore :)

Any questions or pricing do not hesitate to PM, as I am here to help and will do my best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
i'm batman

Edit:

Okay not really batman, just a crazy old dude, that thinks he's funny. But really isn't.

My name is Tim and I've been in the fresh water hobby for over 30 years. My older sister worked at woolco in the pet department and I was introduced to fish then.

I tried salt back in the early 90s but it's changes since.

I m about a year into salt and not finding it too bad. I'm not one to measure or monitor and use the hobby to try and control my demons.

I was once almost completely out of control in the fresh water side with multiple tanks and the desire to always want more and to never be happy with what I have. I'm afraid that I have these feelings creeping back.

Anyway enough about me. I kind of liked the anonymity of the Internet. But it's all over now :(

Last edited:

Deptron

A little late to the party but may as well join in. Name is Matt, started my first saltwater tank back in March of this year. Started with a 40 and no sump, recently upgraded to a 93 with a sump.

I had a lot of pets growing up, fresh water tanks, brackish tanks, Guinea pigs, horses, dogs, cats, birds, chameleon, and turkeys(named Christmas and Easter).

I now live in Shrewsbury on rondeau bay, with my wife and two dogs....and fish.

Before reefing, I collected flashlights for a while which evolved into knife collecting. Not much money left over for those now. Eagerly awaiting the snow as I love snowmobiling, skiing, snowboarding, ice fishing, and winter in general.

I guess that's about it for now......happy reefing!

Pipes

Hey everyone. I go by Pipes as I'm a plumber. Real name is James ( Not Jim ).

For my story I was born in Edinburgh Scotland in '71 and moved to Woodstock @ 9 months old. An only child to a single mother. Since then I've lived in Edmonton Alberta, then Embro and finely Ingersoll. I went to college to be a police officer, and wasn't impressed with the "clientele". After school I was a security guard, Landscaper, part time farm hand, warehouse slave (co-op), Culligan man {spit} (bottling plant), then plumbing apprentice. Now I have my own plumbing company specializing in residential and commercial service work and water treatment. If I want a day off I just book it. If I want a week off, I should have my head examined. I love what I do, and what I love about this some-times "shitty job" is the customer service.

Other hobbies: Use to play bagpipes ( since I was 7) when I had more time and no kids. Kayaking, camping with the scouting movement ( 17 years a volunteer leader), working in the garage/shop, learning to weld, researching salt water for my next house.

I'm currently married ( for now) with 3 boys, twin 10 year olds and a 6 year old. All with ADHD. OMG! My mother tells me quite often " You never acted like this". We have 3 cats, all rescues. I had a 55 gal fresh water aquarium until 2 years ago, when it became just one to many more argument waiting to happen.

For now I'm happy planning my revenge....I mean tank.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
hey its scubasteve or just steve or stephen or steve-o lol. I am 28 and live with my gf who is 32 and my 11 year old step son here in cambridge. I have been in the sw hobby for 5-6 years now and dont think theres ever a stop coming. As of now i have a 90 gal heavily stocked reef with a little bit of everything. I have recently over the past year started to take an interest in breeding seahorses and so far have raised two batches successfuly. (Thanks yveterinarian my addiction continues to grow)

I was born and raised here in cambridge ontario or as most call it lamebridge so hobbies were a must. Plus my parents are old fashioned farmers so my first video game was after i got a job lol. Im the youngyen of the family at 28 and having two older twin sisters that are 44 so i didnt get away with much lol. Lets just say i felt the wrath.

I left highschool after grade 10 and started working construction jobs. 8.5 years ago i got into the industrial and commercial roofing industry and the money has kept me there ever since. By 24 i was running a crew as a foreman. I am now the flat roofing department manager and operations manager for a general contracting company and am a redseal certified roofer and waterproofer.

Over the years i have had many other hobbies but is my luck i always pick the super expensive ones so hopefully i win the lottery lol. Im pretty well the standard backwoods outdoors redneck type of guy and truly would be happy in a hand built shack in the middle of the woods far from cities.... luckily for my gf i cant afford the land.....YET :) . Most of my free time you could probably catch me racing and jumping my nitro rc truck, wading through a creek or river with either my fly, float, or spinning rod fishing for trout,salmon,bass or pike, canoeing down the grand river, sitting in my tree stand or ground blind with my crossbow, snorkeling anywhere we go to swim or just walking some trails. As you can tell hunting and fishing are my two main passions outside the house and my reef is #1 inside lol really thats all i do inside.

For some reason even tho i hated school i absolutely enjoy learning new things so most of my interests i have invested insane amounts of time reading and researching to further my understanding of the subject. I played hockey for almost 10 years bit stopped once i got working and use to train for mma but again work and other hobbies take too much time.

I can truly say this is the only sw forum i am on and will ever be on mostly because of the great atmosphere here that the members create. LONG LIVE TFT

BigReefer

Super Active Member
Hi my name is Cliff I have been in the hobby for about eight years or so. When I first started and did not have much money. I used to buy and sell tanks; I would keep what I want to; and sell the rest. I still enjoy doing this. It was a good way to get familiar with hobby. I probably sold 20 to 25 tanks during my time so far. I know a lot about equipment because of it.
I am currently setting up a large tank again after a couple years with only a nano. I live in Dunnville which is about half an hour south of Hamilton. We own our own small family business; we install dump boxes on big try axle trucks. I am a certified welder and hydraulic technician.
As for hobbies I fix up classic cars. I restored a 1966 Mustang convertible for my wife a couple years ago. And I am currently working on a 1972 mustang Olympic edition.
These keep me busy and broke; much like my reefing hobby LOL

i wanna see pics of the pony :)

ThePaliga

Hey Guy,
The Paliga here (also known as Adam in real life). I am a 28 year old student currently studying Marketing and Advertising in Windsor. I have been getting my hands wet since I was 10, and about 6 years ago, got incredibly obsessed with my ex's stepdad's 120 gallon reef. I have had everything from a 180 gallon mixed reef to a 20 gallon softie tank to a 90 gallon predator. I got out of the hobby for about a year and a bit as life happened which made it impossible to keep going, but now I'm back, with the beginnings of my 50 gallon fowlr (it'll be a reef soon enough).
Other than my tank addiction, I am an avid scuba diver, netflix junkie and love to have a good time all around. I spend a lot of time with my two boys (dogs, but might as well be kids) Max and Fosse, and love to go get lost. I used to know a bunch of people during my last stint on TFT but they don't seem to be as active anymore. I am looking forward to meeting you guys and hopefully be able to pick a few brains over the next year or so. Otherwise, feel free to pick mine!

Ps. Any frag events, I'll be the guy walking around smiling like a butchers dog :p