Devils Hand Leather Coral Cut At Base?

Quartapound

Good evening fellow reefers,

I had a BTA recently relocate himself after upgrading my vortech to the Gyre, which is perfect because he was at the back of the tank beforehand, he's in a perfect spot now... Only that he relocated right beside my devils hand leather coral which is supremely pissed and hasnt opened since.

I know I can get it to move but I actually really like it there, and it seems to be staying put (this is almost a week since it chose this spot). so, my question is... will the leather do okay if I take a razor to it close to the rock and slice it off the rock so that it can be relocated?

I know leathers are pretty hardy and I'm not too worried, just wanted some reaffirmation I guess.

Thanks!

obligatory pic
l5uEI7B.jpg

Kman

Super Active Member
You can peel them off by getting your finger under the base and pull to the side and it should just rip off. Just watch out for the sharp Sclerites bone they produce as it can suck to get jabbed by them.

BigReefer

Super Active Member
Good evening fellow reefers,

I had a BTA recently relocate himself after upgrading my vortech to the Gyre, which is perfect because he was at the back of the tank beforehand, he's in a perfect spot now... Only that he relocated right beside my devils hand leather coral which is supremely pissed and hasnt opened since.

I know I can get it to move but I actually really like it there, and it seems to be staying put (this is almost a week since it chose this spot). so, my question is... will the leather do okay if I take a razor to it close to the rock and slice it off the rock so that it can be relocated?

I know leathers are pretty hardy and I'm not too worried, just wanted some reaffirmation I guess.

Thanks!

obligatory pic
l5uEI7B.jpg

selling some? hehe

Quartapound

Lol not anytime soon. I'm not actively cutting it right now I'll just collect pieces when they fall off. Which happened a little while ago and went to Benji. I'll post the next time one is ready for sure

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quartapound

For sure lol , it obviously looks much different when its open, it was pissed in those pictures because the anemone was close to it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk