Pirahnas And Other Predatory Fish

Dr. Zoos

Mine was 16 when he died. Had almost no teeth left from attacking the glass. I would feed 30 feeders every week. My lfs would have the day they got restocked as cheap feeder day He would always eat as soon as I put them in and all be gone by the next day or so. Lightning fast. Could get from one side of tank to the other in a flash. Quicker then you can pull a teasing finger out of the way I have a buddy that can vouch for that. Lol.

Kyle1970

tropheous are fun and exciting and need to be kept in a large group and will rip around the tank Lip locking and breeding up a storm. Some of them are pretty
This is my next project.
Back to basics with a 180g tropheus tank. Like to put about 20 of a single species and maybe a couple other randoms. Some flow, some sand, some light and away you go.
LOTS of movement and personality!

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Simochromis make tropheus look like wimps. I kept them together for a short time. But Ive heard petrochromis are even nastier. When I go into them they were way to expensive. I think they are more affordable.

Strobe

I kept piranhas years ago before getting into salt. They are not as entertaining as people think they are. Getting them as babies is much better as you can train them to eat pellets etc, you can see a big difference in the fish that get a variety of food from the ones that just get feeder goldfish. They actually say it is not good for them to eat goldfish as well. Imo if you get into them, you should get the caribe species instead of rbp, they are more aggressive and entertaining.