Windows 10

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Got mine yesterday, all downloaded and ready to install, just got to push the button.

reefgeek

have mine installed,
there are some learning curves for sure. You will likely have some software that will need upgrading afterward which can double the amount of time for installs and restarts

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
have mine installed,
there are some learning curves for sure. You will likely have some software that will need upgrading afterward which can double the amount of time for installs and restarts

I was just going to ask that haha. Was wondering if older programs are compatible. I'm assuming the big name programs like Adobe, chrome and such are all good to go, but what about old drivers and such. I hate windows 8, and have it on one laptop (rest are windows 7 which is ideal for what I use laptops for)

Smart decision if I don't like windows 8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heath

Distinguished Member
my is sitting in reserve, I wanted to hear what others thought first before I did mine..I have windows 8.1 from 7.3 and personally I hate the newest version so I been a little gun shy to install it..

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
My Alienware loves it and so do I so far. Having multiple users logged in took a little to figure out. (After a reboot, log one user in, then lock screen to log into the second user. After that you can quick switch through the start button.) I love the look and the multi desktop option is amazing. Something I had missed from Linux.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
its nice... it combines the good things of windows 7 with window 8 and skips windows 9 to make windows 10.

But ya its a bit of a curve

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Mine has been installed for about a week and I'm still getting used to it. I was using Windows 7 so it is a bit of a learning curve. So far, I like it but it kicked out my antivirus protector and I had to re install it. Works well with Chrome.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
I just switched back to windows 7, just glad the windows 10 experience only cost some time, I would hated to pay for that slow, glitchy, cumbersome windows 10.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Slow? What are you system details? My laptop loves it, even with 2 users logged in. My login has processes running most the day while my wife is logged into her profile. She hasn't complained yet. Well other then is speed (6meg line still, I really need to cough up and upgrade)

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Mine is faster since switching back, I tried to play solitaire and there was a 1 to 2 second delay when moving the cards, all programs were slower to open and startup time was really slow, I could have fallen asleep watching the little dots spinning around. Just glad to have 7 back.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Sucks that it is crapping out your PC. I did like 7 at first, but then I got used to 8.1 and now loving 10. But I also am running 2.4GHz dual core (4.8GHz) 16GB installed ram