Blue Clove Polyps Could Be The Victor

Kyle1970

Best way to erradicate BCP?
I know I can burn with Kalk paste but with the ammount I have it's going to throw everything out of whack.
I've tried peroxide which seemed to work for a short time but they come back strong as ever.
I'm to the point of removing all rock, and starting fresh. This would mean breaking off all corals and cutting off a bunch of zoas. Likely going to lose most if not all coral in the process.
Either that or time to shut down and start a fresh tank when motivated again.

If I use a quarantine tank, am I going to transfer the polyps if I use some of the water from the main tank?

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Try covering them up with with rocks, no light no BCP, or I could give you one or two of my starfish that love to munch on them, not sure of the variety of starfish, but they go to town on them and nothing else!! Other than the glass.. :)

Kyle1970

Ahh yes the fluke tabs.
Reads about them many places!
Tough to find too.

As far as the starfish that eats them, send me a pic. I'd sure like to meet the star that likes BCP!

Also, keep in mind its a small tank (34gal) so not much room to move rockwork around.

Keep the ideas coming!

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Don't be using flukes!!!, that stuff kills inverts aswell, maybe a last resort thing, I would never risk my coral on a fluke tab... It will kill BCP, star polyps, athelia, leather, singularia, I've seen its destruction in a tank before not nice when you see corals melting in the tank

Kyle1970

Like I said, for the size of the tank, I'm better to start fresh.
I will be taking some time to decide my course of action. Maybe pull out rock, piece by piece... The stuff is growing on the back (false wall) of the tank as well.

heath

Distinguished Member
before anyone jumps all over this, I like the blue star polys, weird. I have some growing in my coral tank...I wish there was a way to transplant it, I would take it off your hands..

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
I would just give you a couple of them small stars to even see if it helps. they keep my BCP down to a minimum, better then having to tear down ur tank, leaves just enough to look good but not enough to kill things, I'm running a 20g, so not much smaller, the stars split at a decent rate too

Last edited:

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Also I've never, ever! Saw them eat any other coral but them.., otherwise my tank would be bare, crawl right through the zoa'S and after the BCP, or the glass for some algea:)

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Right in the cloves!!!
image.jpg