Missing Goby: Found!!!

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Well i bought a CBB and a mandarin goby just over a month ago, and i thought my mandarin died because i never seen him after i added him. Figured he was just shipped in so he probably bit the dust from stress and w.e else. To my amazement today i had my cabinet open to my sump because i was restarting my ato because it ran dry and take me a bit sometimes to get it working, i look and see a weird dark blob sitting on my rubble in the sump. I take a closer look and bam there he is!! I cant believe he survived in the sump that long and never got sucked into the skimmer or anything else. He was a little skinny but still very active, i know this because he was jumping everywhere while i was trying to fish him out. Still baffled how he got down there..he musta took the trickle waterslide all the way down haha.

Mandarins hunt during the daytime hours with lights on so you will have a better chance of seeing them during those hours
They sleep during the night unless they are not finding enough food (pods), thereby forcing them to continue to hunt

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
i love mandarins but supplying enough pods is always an issue. the next one i get im gonna try to train to cyclopeez in qt before i put in my dt. glad to hear that its still ok :) they are beautiful.... probably had lots of pods in the sump till he chowed down lol

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
i love mandarins but supplying enough pods is always an issue. the next one i get im gonna try to train to cyclopeez in qt before i put in my dt. glad to hear that its still ok :) they are beautiful.... probably had lots of pods in the sump till he chowed down lol
Yeah when i put him in a added a bottle of tiger pods or w.e theyre called to hopefully help with the population.