Aio Nano Reefs

David Caplan

Website Affiliate
All of my Canon gear is gone, and I know I am going to miss it. On the upside, I am loving my new body, the Olympus E M1. I now need to get the Sigma 105, 150 or 180 for 4/3 mount so I can get a solid working distance for macro work. Today I got the Olympus 60mm Macro and took a few shots:

David Caplan

Website Affiliate
Absolutely fabulous!:)
Thanks!

I was cleaning my apartment and found a screw-on teleconverter that came in a kit I bought when I first started. It would only fit on my Olympus 35mm 4/3 macro, so I tried it on. I strained out some extra zooplankton after filling this week's orders and have had it on my desk in a white box waiting for extension tubes. Hopefully the extension tubes with the 60mm will do a better job than this.

This is the concentration that goes into the bottles I produce, but I put it into a mason jar so I could shoot through the glass instead of plastic. The thickness makes it hard to focus all the way to the back.

The pods that are very visible are Tiger, Pseudodiaptomus and you can probably make out some Acartia. The little specs of white are Tisbe copepods and Rotifers.

David Caplan

Website Affiliate
Woke up to a griessingeri goby at the very front of my tank. If you've had one of these guys you know how rare it is to spot them, let alone catch them in the light. I managed to take some handheld shots and I even got to full 1:1 macro on it!:

David Caplan

Website Affiliate
Paid Marsh a visit @ FragBox. He has some awesome stuff on a great sale while he renovates. Can't wait to see what he does with his display!

Some gems:

I picked up a Sigma 105mm macro for Canon EF with broken autofocus, and I attached it with a dumb adapter to my E M1. Works fantastic

David Caplan

Website Affiliate
the pictures are beautiful and that some bad ass camera equipment, wow...
Thanks! The equipment is not my typical setup. That is for rare occasions when I need to take a picture at a high magnification deep into the tank. I am excited to get an underwater housing for the camera to take some pictures/video underwater.

New inhabitant! Also visited the Frag Cave for their awesome sale this weekend.

David Caplan

Website Affiliate
Thanks guys! Working on the whole composition thing, I have found it very difficult as I am so used to framing my pictures to highlight the detail of what I am shooting it, so it can be analysed.

Been trying to get this first shot right for some time. I love the depth of field you can get with this sensor.

David Caplan

Website Affiliate
I am now able to go underwater, which is lots of fun. Going to take some practice through. Its amazing how much easier it is to photograph than through glass.
DiCAPac%20WP-S5.jpg