Trip To The Toronto Zoo

David Caplan

Website Affiliate
I have been learning photography for a few months and limited it to mostly macro work on my tank. Ever since I got the Olympus EM 1, I have been able to adapt any lens I happen to find onto it, which is making it very convenient and a lot of fun to shoot. I took the EM 1 to the Zoo with a few lenses to see how they perform. The picture of the Rhino is using a film lens that is over 50 years old which my mom found at a garage sale, and I thought was going to be garbage. It is a 38-85mm f/3.5 Elicar lens for Canon FD mount, that has macro (albeit not great) through the whole zoom range. Also, with the E M1 it has 5-axis image stabilization as long as I manually program the focal length into the stabilization system, so I didn't use a tripod. I have constant hand shakes, and even with my problem the camera seems to compensate.

Last edited:

David Caplan

Website Affiliate
Thanks guys! I've just been watching a video series that has been really helpful. Also my friend, who is significantly better, is usually shooting beside me and I learn a lot from him. He doesn't really share his pictures, but a few cool ones he's left on my computer: