Greetings.

Stovepipe

Website
www.windsorfire.com
Some of you may remember me as Stovepipe over on Aquarium Pros from maybe 5 years ago?
I was kicked out because I said something about a london vendor on there and got kicked out.
I have been looking to get back into the hobby, my tank has been doing great, and someone I met at the brantford show told me about ************. Well I signed up there, gave my history (and named a name) and they not only called me a boob, they told me what was okay to post and what is not okay. I can't believe that 1)the guy is still in business, and 2) he's still telling forums what people can say or do. Could a mod contact me before you ban me here and let me know what is okay or not? I found this site on google (actually from googling brantford coral show), and I don't see any headers, banners or whatnot, but I also don't don't want to get pushed around. By the looks of things this site has about 100x the members of the other site, and I guess now I see why. Or maybe the stores have bought all the forums? What a load of crap. I am totally ready to just go back into the shadows. Unbelievable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Pretty easy forum here, we don't like bashing and the mods will talk to you reasonably if they feel it's nec but they don't jump on the ban hammer.
That said, WELCOME!

heath

Distinguished Member
welcome to the site, there is a vendor in London that we are not allowed to talk about.. but he doesn't own this site..you will have to post pictures of your tank..:D

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I chatted with him. It's all good. I don't think he believes me when I say it's tough to get banned here, however I explained that the one he has a beef with likes to "not play nice" so while he doesn't own us, he has no wish to be part of this forum. (and yes it's who you think it is).

I had never heard of the other forum, but I'm certainly familiar with Aquarium pros so I have a bit of sympathy. Welcome Stovepipe.

ReefPlug

Yes, I seen your intro on the other forum. Maybe it was a little over the top for a first post ;)

*Now I'm the first person to want to leave that post up, but it just leads to lawsuits, police and soggy britches.

Last edited by a moderator:

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Welcome. Do you ever visit any cross boarder shops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
welcome_zpsxlkq81rd.gif
to the Frag Tank! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your setup. :)

Stovepipe

Website
www.windsorfire.com
Yes, I seen your intro on the other forum. Maybe it was a little over the top for a first post ;)

*Now I'm the first person to want to leave that post up, but it just leads to lawsuits, police and soggy britches.
So let me get this straight:::::eek: Not only did you FOLLOW me over here, :confused:but then I assume you posted my post from the site, that you didn't even put up? :rolleyes: I mean, that's the only thing I can think of, since you didn't approve it, and it never went public. So it's not okay for your forum, but it's okay to post here? Do you wonder why your forum is dead and other ones do well? So your FIRST post here, was to post my first post that you said was not postable? :eek: Does that seem normal to you? So there you go guys, coast2coast forums there. Swell bunch of guys.
I seriously regret even trying to get back into the online reef world. It's worse than ever and evidently all the sites are controlled by the sponsors (I see fragtank deleted coast2coast in my original post!!). So there you go. At least people see the racket that is fish forums. Keep buying those expensive chemicals (that don't work) and especially keep shopping with the guys that will sell you a rock full of expensive zoas, and 2 chocolate chip starfish all at the same time, remember that one bill? Guess how I found out what chocolate chip starfish eat? Oh but no worries, BILL will sell you a new zoas! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Stovepipe

Website
www.windsorfire.com
Thanx to everyone else for the warm reception. I honestly just don't know what to think, it's like AP all over again, except 10x. maybe I'm still too bitter to be a productive member, I might just stick to chatting with people at the frag swaps, that seems to go much better. :(

Pipes

Unfortunatly there is politics every where. Most of the people I have met/ messaged seem like they are ok. But.... if there are some you don't care for, then best to avoid them. We all get burned from time to time. Life isn't full of sunshine and rainbows; there are dark clouds and some lightning. We just have to try not to get our @ss burnt more than once.
Welcome to the site. Hopefully you can meet some new people who play nice.

zoomster

Welcome to TFT Stovepipe!
This is a great site with most members being easy to get along with, eager to help those in need when needed, honest and just plain super people!
I hope you enjoy it here and i am certain you will find this site refreshingly different.