Say It Ain't So!

Kman

Super Active Member
I have never had luck with peppermint shrimp eating them. Not a single one. I once dropped $100 worth of them into my reef thinking they will help. Yelling die aiptasia!!! They did squat for me. If they have other food to eat they will. The only thing that worked for me was my copperband butterfly in the reef and a file fish out of the reef. The copperband destroyed them in my reef. After all these years my DT is free of them.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
I did have luck keeping a copperband in my first tank. Maybe i should get some shrimp and a copperband. Increase my odds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kman

Super Active Member
I did have luck keeping a copperband in my first tank. Maybe i should get some shrimp and a copperband. Increase my odds!

You can never be to careful with those devils! I keep a bottle of red sea aiptasia-x so I can spot kill any of the ones on my sps or other corals.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Peppermint shrimp are pretty cheap, I got one and it cleaned up my whole tank, ate some that were twice its size.

Get 1 or 2 and see what happens.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Sort of off topic, but i called paulmac's pets here in brantford as i heard they were starting to get into saltwater. They can order shrimp, so will prob try to get some next week, see how that goes. Anyone in brantford know about this? Not sure exactly what they can order, but could be great for the few salties here!

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Finally managed to get to Paulmac 's last night. As far as them getting into saltwater , they had two things. A clown that was $22 (i think), and a cleaner shrimp that was $63!!! Yes, sixty three dollars. Won't be counting on them for salt livestock.