Reef Keepers 220 Sps Build

reef keeper

Super Active Member
Thanks! My baffles are 1/4". I had them cut 1/4" less than the internal width if the sump. I had them done at franks glass on Barton St here in Hamilton. Get the edges ground out or polished. Then you won't hack yourself up on sharp glass

reefjunkie86

Perfect thanks again. That sock holder is really nice. Great work on everything so far. Looking forward to seeing fish and corals in the tank.

reef keeper

Super Active Member
Thanks! Sps is chilling in the frag tank. I have some nifty frag racks from JT. Just mixing some fresh SW for a big cleaning. And the anthias are heading home!!

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Nice Achilles! Glad you grabbed him, that guy was 2 seconds away from coming home with me while I was at RB, but I had to resist the urge, lol!

Be careful of new tank syndrome with the increased bioload, I would be adding nitrifying bacteria regularly for a while until things stabilize

reef keeper

Super Active Member
Tested the water and all remains well. The fish are swimming around relaxed. No fighting, no chasing. Just a very cool place to be

And of course, the trigger is a big puppy and follows me around.

Begger. I love that trigger

reef keeper

Super Active Member
Nice Achilles! Glad you grabbed him, that guy was 2 seconds away from coming home with me while I was at RB, but I had to resist the urge, lol!

Be careful of new tank syndrome with the increased bioload, I would be adding nitrifying bacteria regularly for a while until things stabilize

I'm on top of the water just in case. My cable will be here Friday so I can hook in my other power bar for the other light, fuge light, ATO, etc

The Achilles is out and about and eating. There is zero aggression. Fish list is working!

I'll be adding the clam and my last LPS tomorrow.

Then I need to go see Eric and get my frags.

Pods for fuge coming Thursday!

Stocking list

Achilles
Kole tang
3 swallowtail Angels (1m 3 f)
Sargassum trigger
Nano
Magnificent foxface
2 cleaner shrimp

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
EXCELLENT!!!!

Glad you're making some real progress.

Just one thing though. GET THAT BUBBLE CAULERPA OUT OF THERE!!!! That stuff can be really nasty. It will usually go asexual and release spores into your DT and it's a nightmare to get rid of once in you dt. I'm going through it right now. They say if you keep it under 24/7 lighting then it won't go asexual. Not in my case!!! So be warned if you want to keep using it.

When you come see me for the frags, I'll give you a ball of chaeto to use. Much easier to control and plus will not spread to your dt.

reef keeper

Super Active Member
I finally got my 15 ft apex cable today! Sadly I had to pay $14.00 for shipping but it's here and I got everything powered up and under control. Now I need to get some cable management systems in place lol

reef keeper

Super Active Member
7 weeks. But I ordered from J&L last week. These must be a rare item ;)

Started on the facing of the cabinets today. Went with oak with a matte varathane. It will have a bit of a gloss but not overpowering.

I just noticed I'm FINALLY getting some algae on the rocks. It finally won't be a glimmer pile of white rocks lol

Last edited: