Id Plz?

Hunniford19

Hi everyone not sure if good or bad kinda thinking its a majano anemone?
2fb918fa60f92e11a4465f677332f50b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Hi everyone not sure if good or bad kinda thinking its a majano anemone?
2fb918fa60f92e11a4465f677332f50b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did they just appear out of nowhere? Rics normally split to multiply if they just seem to magically appear my money is on majano... although i know one person that kept them just because he liked them... they are pretty neat looking

Hunniford19

Yeah only thing I got close to them are some yuma's but these 2 appeared from no were but have been there a month now letting the grow to make sure before just not to sure on what they were cuz I didn't have any ric's in the tank

David Caplan

Website Affiliate
They are mushrooms. Any chance you got that piece from R20 Aquariums or at a frag show? I have a colony of it I fragged up, and looks identical to that.

It grows tiny babies that look exactly like that on what seems to be random areas of the rock they are mounted on :/. You can frag them off the rock with a saw and let them grow alone. I have two little babies left, they both look much more blue than the bigger shrooms.

I will grab a shot later of one of the tiny baby shrooms magnified.

David Caplan

Website Affiliate
I cut off one of those babies and let it grow for a couple weeks. Here is what it looks like close up. When I cut it, it had a yellow mouth and was blue, it slowly morphs to orange and teal.

Hunniford19

I cut off one of those babies and let it grow for a couple weeks. Here is what it looks like close up. When I cut it, it had a yellow mouth and was blue, it slowly morphs to orange and teal.

Perfect this is very helpful I got a yellow tri coloured Yuma right beside where these guys are just nvr saw them before! Thank for ur help!

David Caplan

Website Affiliate
I should have probably posted a reference size. The piece of rubble the small shroom is on is 1/2 the size of a marble, and the mushroom is maybe the size of a small button.