What Camera Do You Used?

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
OK I am looking for a camera to take pic of my reef including everyday use, like bringing it on a trip, take pic of my kids, it all in one use camera that I want. Please share what you used and perhaps some photos would be great, thank
I just bought a Canon t5i, I am not sure this is the one or I just don't know how to use it. I bought it from cosco and it came with the 250 mm lens or something. Again I am not sure this is the camera for me so I am thinking of returning it, if hearing good think about it than I might just keep it. Ya share what camera you used with photos please and thank

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Nikon d7000.

Your T5i should be able to get you some good pics. That 200mm lens won't work for aquarium photography.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Nikon d7000.

Your T5i should be able to get you some good pics. That 200mm lens won't work for aquarium photography.

Lens are expensive, if I want to take good micro shot like your and bigshow. What do you use for lens to take some crazy micro shots

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I believe bigshows camera is the t3i. He uses the tamaron 90mm with canon mount, and I use the same lens but Nikon mount.

RWH

Nikon D3000 and I have borrowed my brother's Nikkor AF-5 MICRO 105 mm 1:2.8 Lens to try out
Biggest challenge is trying to get the best setting with the T5 HO lights. Been taking a lot of pics and erasing a lot too!
The lenses ARE expensive. In most cases just as much as the camera. ( My D3000 was $489.00 when I bought it.)
I bought a SIGMA 50-200 mm zoom lens that I use most of the time for day to day use and it cost around $450 on sale at Henry's Camera. I also invested in a Nikon flash which was another $400. The pop up flash on the camera is not the greatest..
He 35mm digital camers and extra lenses are just as expensive as this hobby is! LOL!

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Nikon D7200, great pics plus it has wifi which makes it super easy to transfer pics
Nice cam, I just saw a review of it on YouTube. Great camera, lol I think the issue here is the user. I just bought the Canon t5i from cosco and they give me a 90 day to play with it. Before 90 I can return it if not like. I enjoy having a camera and wanting something to have for a while. D7200 have a good review, thank

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Sony SLT a35 really not half the camera that you have but it does the job for now with my old Minolta glass (lenses).

DSC04869_zpsdgcbojuq.jpg
DSC04823_zpsc343d0f9.jpg
DSC04704_zpsf58510e9.jpg
DSC04624_zpsfd8bd395.jpg
DSC04271_zps39fb56ed.jpg
DSC04110_zpsdcc247bb.jpg
DSC03772_zps04ab8c5c.jpg
DSC03680_zps1c632589.jpg
Toad2_zps1db19ba5.jpg
DSC03051a_zps3aaf68f4.jpg

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Hey AdInfinitum, set the camera aside and cut me a chuck of the acro in the second pic. It coloring up nicely, congrats on a beautiful piece

That's actually just a piece of Glen's Red Planet that I moved into lower light (mid tank under centre brace) to see what would happen. It looks like a totally different coral than the piece I have in high light...LOL

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
That's actually just a piece of Glen's Red Planet that I moved into lower light (mid tank under centre brace) to see what would happen. It looks like a totally different coral than the piece I have in high light...LOL
Really, from the pic I thought it a new culture piece you just got and coloring up. Wow nice pic and pic does actually sale. Your system does a really good job of bringing out the red, pink and purple in witch some system find it hard to get. Nice work man

Last edited:

David Caplan

Website Affiliate
I am actually in the process of changing cameras right now. I have shot on both Olympus 4/3 and Canon, almost all macro coral photos. I have used these macros: Olympus 35mm, Olympus 50mm, Sigma 105mm, Sigma 150mm, Canon MP-E 65mm, and Canon 100mm. I am debating very heavily right now between upgrading to a better Canon body for macro (I use the T2i, I would get the 7D, 70D, or t6s) and switching mounts altogether to M4/3 on Olympus' EM-5 MKII. I have heard incredible things about their 60mm macro, and the crop factor is a boon for macro use.