Rodi Setup, Need A Booster Pump?

Heywooood

I'm finally looking at getting my own RODI system. Source feed is a well, pressure tank is set to 40/60psi. The system I'm looking at from Aquasafecanada recommends a minimum of 50PSI, and they sell a 100 PSI booster if you can't maintain that minimum. Anyone else using a similar setup without a booster? I would also need a pressure tank for it, which starts to add up pretty quickly.
Alternatively, can I just set my existing pressure tank to 50/70 instead? I think you just have to change the cutoff and on switches and add air pressure to the tank to bring it 2 PSI below cutoff, but I'm not sure if that's risky.
Thanks.

averhoog

I run my well pump from 35 to 50 psi wouldn't think a pressure tank is needed for the rodi just a holding tank of some sort my rodi does have a booster pump but I thought it was just to speed up the water production

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
rodi.jpg

BigReefer

Super Active Member
u oput it on the feed side from where the water comes out... and the pumps go into the wall i am guessing mine isnt broken down like the picture

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Higher pressure makes the membrane run more efficiently...less waste water, as long as you are above the nominal working pressure it will work but waste a lot of water...

dickybird

I run an Aqua safe 100 gal a day membrane I get about 30 a day run on well water pump pressure at 35 to 45 psi I just use a holding tote with a humidifier float I believe a booster pump gets more gal per day and a longer life span of membrane

dickybird

I'm not sure which kit your choosing but I would get the one with a bunch of replacement filters and resin

dickybird

Also I wouldn't mess with home pressure it ca be a real pita and u don't need a pressure tank it's just 2 and half gal holding tank for under the kitchen sink for drinking playing with house pressure your asking for problems unless plumbing is new

Fishit

Go with the max water 6 stage rodi there out of toronto you'll get more than you need out of it for 160 $ even has a Tds meter and pressure gauge mine runs off city water at 40 psi and it's perfect try to keep it as simple as posible lol