Reef Keepers 220 Sps Build

reef keeper

Super Active Member
Today I painted another coat on the 2 cabinets that go beside the tank. Painting is tedious, but a necessary evil to prevent the wood from decaying. I'm getting pretty close to being at a standstill until the tank gets here. I can't mount the cabinets to the side of the stand until I have the tank on and plumbed. This week I'm getting the glass cut for the sump. I had purchased a real beater of a tank in the winter that I was going to clean up and assemble but it was such a mess.

I'll get that glass cut up and make the sump baffles from it.

I also picked up a 37 g tall tank today for a true bargain price. That will be my ATO reservoir.

The way I am doing the shelving allows the top of the ATO to be open in the cabinet. This will allow me to use buckets to fill it instead of having to run a line from my RODI across the basement. We had a little flood that way once lol.

I'm painting some more shelves tonight.

I'll also be putting my apex in its own area in one of the cabinets outside the stand and sealed off from the rest of the stand, canopy and moisture.

Finally ordered my radium bulbs and new wiring components from BRS because of their 10% off sale. I will be using lumenmax large reflectors (22"x22") and building an aluminum rack to put them in. I scored some brand new PFO HQI ( I believe they are M80) to run the radiums.

I'll have some pictures coming up pretty soon.

reef keeper

Super Active Member
Tested the water today again with the Hanna. I'm going to try it with my salifert test as well. Here's my results

Tank crash rocks that spewed hair algae PO4. -.21

The used rocks I got off kijiji PO4 .17. That's a pretty huge difference from where they were a week or 2 ago (.36)

I'm going to suck some water out of both bins and fill with some fresh RODI.

TANK WILL HOPEFULLY BE HERE NEXT WEEK.

reef keeper

Super Active Member
The phosphate is really starting to drop out now finally. I think there was so much in there it just took a while to break its back. I'd expect after the next water change it should be below .1 which I can handle with gfo.

reef keeper

Super Active Member
FINALLY I tracked down some KV5 refit sockets for my lumenmax reflectors. These things are discontinued and I couldn't find them anywhere. I finally got 1 from BRS ( they are sold out) and ordered 3 more from Amazon.

So that's the equipment done now finally.

Stand and side cabinets are painted out in white sealer so now..... I wait for the tank.

reef keeper

Super Active Member
They are spread around lol. I'm going to try to get it more organized and get some more shelves in them. I'll try to get a pic for ya!

Tank ships Friday!

reef keeper

Super Active Member
It will be built tomorrow. Hopefully he sends me some pics I can share lol.

They say to wait 10-12 days from Wednesday before I fill it.

I have so much work left to do it will be nice to put the tank on the stand and plan out the cabinets with it dry with the equipment in position.

reef keeper

Super Active Member
Bah. Still trying to cure your rocks!! THAT is a forever.... Lol.

Once it gets here I have at least a weeks worth of stuff to do on the furniture.

And holy this is getting expensive

reef keeper

Super Active Member
Got some photos of the tank today from dave over at concept!

I will say that the service from these guys is amazing. They always answer the phone, email and act like professionals.

I'm very very impressed by this tank thus far.

As promised, the walls and base were assembled today.

Tomorrow the euro bracing and the overflow go on.