Some Bird Photos

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Took my camera to cottage and went for a short walk down a few trails. It was far to windy to be photographing birds, but I figured I might as well try. These are some of the birds I spotted.

Marz

Beautiful pics as usual! I live near a bird sanctuary and kayak on the small lake on the weekends. We have some stunning birds, I just don't have your skillzz!

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Marz link said:
Beautiful pics as usual! I live near a bird sanctuary and kayak on the small lake on the weekends. We have some stunning birds, I just don't have your skillzz!

I went too late in the afternoon, late morning is key. Patience is the next ;) I saw so many awesome looking birds, but they heard me way before I saw them and flew away....and its hard to pick something out of the air with a 400mm focal length lol.

A pair of wood ducks scared the shit out of me, I literally walked by them as I was walking the creek line to see the fishies.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Next time I go, I will be bringing camo, a chair, tripod. Will setup, and then wait/hope whatever I scared away comes back :)

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Awesome bird photos...I wish I had a nice camera to catch shots like this. But ... I can get a Lion at Greenview Aviaries to say cheese this morning.

[img=1400x1050]http://i62.tinypic.com/ftopx5.jpg[/img]

And this guy just wanted to say 'what up? Get that camera out of  my face'

[img=1400x1050]http://i62.tinypic.com/a2rs3t.jpg[/img]

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
Great shots!

I have to put some effort into getting better pictures of the birds that frequent my bird feeder. The tenants below me must hate the mess of seeds on their balcony...

Here is a shot of our newest patron, this was during the last blast of snow we got.

jroovers

Super Active Member
Nice shots Jerry, like the first Yellow Warbler shot!  That is a great shot with a 400 mm focal length, I find getting decent warbler shots even at that length very difficult.

theyangman

Distinguished Member
birdy.jpg

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Nice stuff Jerry . I like the redtailed hawk.

For some of my Rondeau pics I had 450mm of full-frame glass in front of my APS-C sensor so effectively x 1.6...(there's a whole other argument) lol but it took a bit of practice before I could catch anything quickly enough...

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I really need to bring a tripod with me, but always find they get in the way more then anything, and you loose many photo ops to get maybe 1 image that is super crisp.

Tripodless again :

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
BIGSHOW said:
Love the vulture one

I was hoping he would come closer, may have to find one road side and scare it into flight as they are HUGE birds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Its that time of year again :)

I purchased a bird feeder this year, and set it up about a week ago. Haven't had much time to really get the camera out much yet. The reason I thought to try a bird feeder is to try and get the birds to come to me instead of finding them and potentially scaring them away. Here is one I took the other day, took 7 of this guy and this is the only one I was truly happy with. Photo is uncropped and shot at 400mm 1/800-1/1000 and 5.6/f

About to head out for a bit, what is everyone else's secret to either being stealth or luring birds?

Next I think for me will be a hummingbird feeder on back porch.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Thanks. I have found a few nests that I plan to setup near with tripod to attempt to get some clearer shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk