jroovers

Super Active Member

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
My wife got me tickets for the family for Christmas last year. We went through the week to avoid the crowd...it was still packed. I could have slept there, I absolutely loved it. I will go again, preferably without kids so that I can enjoy it in a different way as the kids just wanted to go go go.

reefgeek

Went shortly after opening myself, was pretty darned tight but really fun. My understanding is that they also do behind the scenes tours, or will be in the near future. Anyone up for a Fragtank Ripleys run?

jroovers

Super Active Member
My wife got me tickets for the family for Christmas last year. We went through the week to avoid the crowd...it was still packed. I could have slept there, I absolutely loved it. I will go again, preferably without kids so that I can enjoy it in a different way as the kids just wanted to go go go.

+1 to that! My son loved it, but we needed to keep him moving, we did the whole aquarium in about 1 hour, 45 minutes, would have loved double that time and a little more freedom to move about and take in the exhibits.

I find if you go after 7pm (cheaper ticket) and stay till 11pm (close) you have much more room to yourself :)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good advice

Went shortly after opening myself, was pretty darned tight but really fun. My understanding is that they also do behind the scenes tours, or will be in the near future. Anyone up for a Fragtank Ripleys run?

That would be pretty cool. It is quite the place, with a ton of water and with animals with drastically different demands in terms of fresh vs. salt water, temperature, light, and feeding requirements. Would be neat to see the equipment closer up and get an insider's take on how they manage the care of the fish. The reef tank was pretty sparse, but in a few years probably will look really amazing once it all grows in.

Last edited:

outofthewater

great photos a couple of friends of mine were apart of the build back a couple years ago.....i even had a job offer there because of it but it just didn't pay nearly enough to move to Toronto and live appropiatly

Mitchellb

great pics. Love the jellyfish with the child. I think the jellyfish were my favorite part. What lens did you use? I used my cel phone when I went :( I told the wife I was going back with the camera but this time right at opening. My buddy always goes right when they open and he says there usually isn't many people.

jroovers

Super Active Member
What lens did you use? I used my cel phone when I went :( I told the wife I was going back with the camera but this time right at opening. My buddy always goes right when they open and he says there usually isn't many people.

These were all taken with the Canon 24-105 f4L on my 6D. I think later is good too, my friend went a couple of weekends after me, he went around 5 pm on a Saturday and he said it wasn't that busy.