90gal Sps And Zoa Garden (pic Heavy)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
so 20 hours after discovery of a waterfall nightmare i got expensive zoos safe in daves frag tank can breath a little easier finally. Put the reef oct in the sump of the frag tank and added my algae to a tupperware in tank for now. Hooked up two powerheads on the wavemaker. Put ato in place temporarily and fuge light plus threw in some live rock to sump. Laid algae scrubber pad under light in sump. hopefully it helps with the massive bio load increase . All my rock is in vat bubbling away. Hung 2 of my ai sol blues up for now so i dont have toadjust everyting to mh.Friday eric is coming for his clams and to save my sps the rest should live will just have to cut my colonies smaller sell half and keep half so it all fits. Keep an eye for the $1 pp deals coming

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
EricTMah, Wow! You were a busy man!

On the road to recovery. Glad you decided to stick with it. And glad to help when I can

busy isnt the word and im running on a 3 hr power nap since i was up bailing buckets all night (shoulda been a sailor) tonight wwill be a good sleep must say if i woke up to an air dried tank i prob would have called it quits and liquidated everything just playing it onne day at a time and thanks again for the quick help

Cliff

Oh man sorry to hear about your tank. I know your pain. I had a 150 leak onto a power bar in my bottom Cabernet. It started the cabinet and wall on fire. The fire martial figures that when the fire hit a large container of carbon under the tank that it was a hot enough fire to shatter the bottom of the tank; and the 150 gallons of watter put the fire out. I almost lost our whole house because of a leaking tank! Our house was cleaned from top to bottom and everything fabric was replaced. We even had to replace all the carpet in the house because of the smoke damage. Thankfully the insurance payed for all of it.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Oh man sorry to hear about your tank. I know your pain. I had a 150 leak onto a power bar in my bottom Cabernet. It started the cabinet and wall on fire. The fire martial figures that when the fire hit a large container of carbon under the tank that it was a hot enough fire to shatter the bottom of the tank; and the 150 gallons of watter put the fire out. I almost lost our whole house because of a leaking tank! Our house was cleaned from top to bottom and everything fabric was replaced. We even had to replace all the carpet in the house because of the smoke damage. Thankfully the insurance payed for all of it.

Ya thankfully i made it habit to check tank before bed or i prob would have been in the same boat

Man I can't believe it!!! After reading your posts all day I stopped at coral reef shop and bought the advanced leak detector for my apex.... Did you lose any equipment

Smart thinking.... makes me want a controller just for that alone..... all equipment was saved thankfully. My ai light controller might be the only loss seemed a bit damp but have a spare so am ok

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
so heres where im standing now nice to see blue again 20141217_181734.jpg20141217_181730.jpg20141217_181654.jpg20141217_181646.jpg

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
will be better once my lr in the vat loses the stench so i can start adding it in slowly bit by bit but after the frantic titanic style rushing of saving the coral and fish/inverts my priority was sucking up water before i have a mold issue, water perams, lights, skimmer and ato not hooking an air pump for my lr so a bit of a set back but will come around.

After all trying to rush in reefing will only give me more problems.... next step is to move some stuff around so i can remove the back rack since i made it half and half (glad i thaught ahead that time). Then i can start stacking at the back. I think since its such a big foot print im gonna stack along back and sides to make a cove style look with the back and sides sloping into a centre valley (thanks dave for the idea). I think it will look sweet having 3 walls covered in fancy colourful sticks and caps and a big zoa garden in the valley surrounded by feather dusters and scallops.

Sounds like a good plan to me..... will have to draw something cool on my black back riser instead of frags like was goingto do maybe ill etch the paint on the back and add a light just to be different :)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
so last night i was taking a look at my tank that leaked what i thaught was a crack turned out was just a scratch butfound the cause.... it appears either a hermit crab or some other little sob tried to squeeze under a rock or behindand doing so shredded the silicone theres a nice 1" section where it looks like a tiny cat used it for a scratching post!!!!! has anyone had anything like this before? if i knew the culprit he would be sitting on my backyard table with a long slow death.... truly frustrating and definately didnt see that coming