Fish Eating Help

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
How's the racoon doing? Any photos of this fish and the idol? :)

Just for you haha

Well there still alive over a week later
Raccoon has white spots on fins but not on body
Idol def has ich

281d24380946f19a31453334c3384c2c.jpg

c6a23465d532bc55f47c3064867a37d4.jpg
550e10d8da11142e4a4b6aab5e576095.jpg

jroovers

Super Active Member
Beautiful fish. I hope they come around for you. I'm sure the ich will go away once they get accustomed to the change in tanks.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
In a positive turn of events, the raccoon decided it was time to eat and is starting to consumes smaller bits of reef cuisine

I'm
Considerin adding the potters and the flame to my tank tonight after lights out, ideas?

saltyair

i think that is the way to go - if there eating place them in the dt.

imo the idol is not looking good - they are known sponge eaters have you tried ocean nutrition -
Frozen Angel Formula? it contains sponges and other good stuff.

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Have you considered treating the tank for the ich Brandon? I was concerned when I saw the pic of the idol last night. It looks like a heavy case, I'd be concerned about introducing the ich to the display tank if you have other fish in it already. Just my humble opinion, but it could go from bad to worse. I'd hate to see you lose the idol or any of them actually.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
i think that is the way to go - if there eating place them in the dt.

imo the idol is not looking good - they are known sponge eaters have you tried ocean nutrition -
Frozen Angel Formula? it contains sponges and other good stuff.
I was trying to find that food when my idol was still alive. Hikari also makes angel formula with sponge. I couldn't find either of them. Do you know who sells it?

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
I've asked most stores, no one carrys it ,
I have different views on ich sunny then most , but thanks for your consideration,
I think I will add the two angels tonight, giving the idol and the raccoon their own compartments so they are 100% stress free. An eating fish should normally recover from
Ich provided he isn't stressed or has some other ailment, I will keep you guys posted for sure :)
Thanks for the input !

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Hey Brandon, no worries, I know you have a different view on ich than many do, I'd be worried sick about that idol but that's me LOL , best of luck !

jroovers

Super Active Member
Hopefully they continue to progress.

Aaron at Big Al's here in London had frozen Angel Diet foot, which was basically in cube blister packs like some Mysis is, I used it for my regal. If he can get it I'm sure other Big Al's will either carry it or get it in for you. Supposedly it contained a high amount of sponge. All my fish loved it, not just the regal.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Flame and the potters are both in the display tank, flame is very happily eating reef cuisine and the potters is fat and still picks at nls if it's hungry... Raccoon and idol are now alone in their compartments
Raccoon is still eating reef cuisine as well as idol... Only time will tell
If they can make it!

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Butterfly didn't pull through,
He had started eating, lost all signs of ick, then I woke up and he was dead.... Stupid fish... Lol
Idol still hanging in there but ich is quite bad