Powerhead Help

Sewerat

Super Active Member
I am looking to get a new power head setup to go into the next tank I plan to set. I really like the ones that have all the elector stuff outside the glass. I think that's the tunze stuf?? WP? Is there anything else? I will be getting an apex in the very near future and this will be put into a 75 for now so size req? Thanks guys.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
There are advantages and disadvantages to all the brands. I am partial to the jebao's. I control mine with my apex. Vortec is nice, but extremely pricey, and non directional. Apex will be releasing their own pump brand shortly as well.

reefgeek

check out the review of the riptide gyre in my build thread. Might be a little strong for a 75 but a smaller version is soon to be released.

Bece13

+1 Jebao... I got 2 of the new RW-8 in my 110 gal and really pleased. Silent, lots of flow, very cheap, night mode, feeding mode, different flows, controllable, sync (master/slave).

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
i have and always will stick to my hydor koralia evos got 4 in main display (2-1050 and 2-800)alternating every 30 sec and one in seahorse tank and the vontroller can easily run 12 powerheads with a splitter on each channel.... has feed modes alternating or sync modes and can adjust time between switch from 15 sec to 3 hours.... plus when "I" broke the coverscleaning them i requested 2 and 4 showed up a week later for free now thats customer service

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Love my controllable Tunzes but now that the Jebao's are around it is really difficult to justify the big dollars.

I bought one WP 40 last year to give them a try and have ordered another Jebao to get the last of my 110v power heads out of my tank.

Best bang for the buck with WP 40's $75 total to your door now and very reasonable on the newer models.