Ebay Chinese 54w Full Spectrum Bulb

ALowe

So I want to redo the lighting on my 72 gallon so I'm looking at options for chinese LED's. I'm running an ebay bought chinese bulb on my nano and I'm getting great colour and growth so I thoght I'd give it a try again. Check it out here. http://m.ebay.com/itm/131245565794?cmd=VIDESC I have been in contact with the supplier and am able to customize the colour pattern and am thinking of going with 8 blue and 4 white on the outer ring and 2 of each red, purple, and green on the inner ring. So I guess I'm posting on here for anyone to jump in with any past Chinese LED lighting horror or success stories as well as if you would change anything on the colour scheme or for that matter if anybody wants in on the order. They're $45 per bulb with shipping included. Let me know what you guys think.

Bece13

I never tried this one but I bought Led Lights (bulbs) for my house of ebay in the past and they run fine for few weeks and started to flicker (overheating) and gave up. But it could've been just bad luck.
Other people might have good experience.

4Hummer

have you checked out www.ledzeal.com for really high end but budget price? There is a 50+ thread on reefcentral on these

For something smaller, with less features try the ReefBar Pro's from 21ledusa.com Billy is GREAT to deal with

ALowe

So I now am able to get the bulbs for $40 a piece. 54W on each and the colours that I am able to get, this really does seem like a pretty good deal that other units can't beat. Only downfall is it is not programmable which is a bit of a bummer.

ALowe

I am running one on my 10G nano too and am getting SPS growth since I've added them a couple weeks ago. Lights bee running fine for about a year. Mind you I payed a little more but got a gooseneck mount with it(which broke instantly). I unfortunately had to cancel my old ebay account so now can't remember the supplier I got them off of.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
So I now am able to get the bulbs for $40 a piece. 54W on each and the colours that I am able to get, this really does seem like a pretty good deal that other units can't beat. Only downfall is it is not programmable which is a bit of a bummer.

Anything is programmable is you run a controller. You could have a few bulbs on different outlets. They would not be dimmable, but I do think there are dimmable ones out there, obviously for more though.

ALowe

Anything is programmable is you run a controller. You could have a few bulbs on different outlets. They would not be dimmable, but I do think there are dimmable ones out there, obviously for more though.
Ya I've seen the new dimmable bulBs. More expensive tho. And how are they programmable with a controller? I figure they are either on or off..

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Ya I've seen the new dimmable bulBs. More expensive tho. And how are they programmable with a controller? I figure they are either on or off..

Well they would still be on or off with a controller, but you can wire more then one outlet, so 2 come on, then 2 more etc. Turn them on/off separately. And also easier then dealing with a half dozen timers.

ALowe

Ahhhh I see so they all don't pop on at once. Luckily I have a power bar that is a timer and has four outlets that can all go on the same timer.

4Hummer

No you have to Email them.

This is the last response I got from them (About 6 months ago)

"Was wondering if you could provide pricing on the Your LED lights for a Salt Water Aquarium.
I have a 72" Long tank (6Ft) so I'm guessing I need two 36" Lights"

Hi Michael,
for your tank, here are 3 solutions for your reference.

Plan A: choose 2 pcs Malibu S200 (36'') and install with bracket.

Plan B: choose 2 pcs Malibu S150 (24'') and install with hanging kits

Plan C: choose 1 piece Malibu S400 (60''), two installation ways available.

Malibu S150: US$249/unit
Malibu S200: US$309/unit
Malibu S400: US$459/unit

pls feel free to tell me if have any questions. wait for your reply.
Thanks & Best Regards
Alex He

q.jpg

e.jpg

w.jpg

More details Here:
http://www.ledzeal.com/p43.html

Last edited:

4Hummer

As I mentioned. you can customize the LED Colour types, and Lenses, It has a wired or wireless Controller, or App enabled WIFI interface, Different mounting options,

On Reef Central search for a thread called "Bought New LED Light Fixture" it is like 50+ pages
Here hope I can link out:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2338097

If and when I decide to replace my T5H0 this is what I'm going with. Customer Support/warranty has been noted to be great (Which is surprising for a Chinese Manufacturer) Fit and Finish is amazing, Available Options are outstandingl, and PRICE blows all the competition out of the water.

Goes to show you just how much mark up these other guys are making

Last edited:

ALowe

As I mentioned. you can customize the LED Colour types, and Lenses, Has a Wireless Controller, Different mounting options,
On Reef Central search for a thread called "Bought New LED Light Fixture" it is like 50+ pages

Thanks a lot! I'll check this out. Might be a better option then gettig individual bulbs cus I will then to get a nice looking good to mount them which I'm not sure where to get that for a 72 bowfront or how much it will be.

ALowe

As I mentioned. you can customize the LED Colour types, and Lenses, It has a wired or wireless Controller, or App enabled WIFI interface, Different mounting options,

If and when I decide to replace my T5H0 this is what I'm going with. Customer Support/warranty has been noted to be great (Which is surprising for a Chinese Manufacturer) Fit and Finish is amazing, Available Options are outstandingl, and PRICE blows all the competition out of the water.

Goes to show you just how much mark up these other guys are making

Prices really are great for the individual units. It's the 'freight cost' of $140 and who knows how much customs we'd have to pay on it that still puts this unit close to the $500 range which is way out of my budget right now. Maybe some day.

ALowe

So I am most likely going to be purchasing the LED bulbs in the ebay link on my first post. If anyone is interested in getting in on the order, send me a PM. $45 a piece and the colours I am going to go with are either 9:3 or 8:4 blue to white(haven't decided which blue to white ratio I want) and 2 red, 2 violet, and 2 green. If you want In on the order, we have to get the same colour scheme as they are making a bulk order for us. Let me know, cheers.