Calcium Supplement

derrick orosz

Super Active Member
just wondering what everyone uses for calcium? I use liquid kent marine calcium but i use so much...i use 2 shot glasses a day just to keep it at 420ppm...I use the $60 jug and it last a month... there must be something that last longer...

onecansay

I am using the concoction of Randy Farley-Holmes for my Alk with great success. I have purchased a BIG bag of Downflake for the Calcium version of his concoction and will soon be mixing and using it.

Here is the article: http://reefkeeping.com/issues/author/rhf.php

With that BIG bag I have the Calcium supplementation cost will come down lots and make
mega amounts.

I know some say using these formulas have a downside. Being aware of those is a good thing.

The cost difference though is what makes the use most compelling.

onecansay

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
I am using the concoction of Randy Farley-Holmes for my Alk with great success. I have purchased a BIG bag of Downflake for the Calcium version of his concoction and will soon be mixing and using it.

Here is the article: http://reefkeeping.com/issues/author/rhf.php

With that BIG bag I have the Calcium supplementation cost will come down lots and make
mega amounts.

I know some say using these formulas have a downside. Being aware of those is a good thing.

The cost difference though is what makes the use most compelling.

onecansay
Where did you buy all the stuff for his formula? Especially the dow flakes

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk 2

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
was using dowflake but now it's dowflake xtra and contains bromide, it's not known for sure what elevated levels of bromide will do in reef tanks but the use of ozone not recommended as it turns bromide to bleach.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Careful of impurities:) te xtras

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk