100gallon's 112 Gallon New Tank Build:)

reefgeek

green label with SCS1200 written in size 50-60 font, you can get it in some of the better stocked fish stores, I had to online order mine, which was faster than the wait time for a local shop to get it in.

100gallon

Jack post in under tank.....6 foot five guys don't fit in crawl spaces very well. Lol! Floor was ok before but just in case I added a post. Time to get tank in position and get it wet! Such a long process. :(

Sent via Samsung Galaxy S4 on Tapatalk

100gallon

I have water in the tank, all plumbing done, salinity is good...time to cycle. Anyone know how to stop a very slow leak on one bulkhead.? I don't know if I should tighten anymore!!

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Haha instead of debating, here's what i would do to stop a leaky bulkhead: loosen the ring, put a bead of silicone around the hole in tank, tighten up the ring, smooth out excess silicone that gets squeezed out with finger. Voila! :)

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Haha instead of debating, here's what i would do to stop a leaky bulkhead: loosen the ring, put a bead of silicone around the hole in tank, tighten up the ring, smooth out excess silicone that gets squeezed out with finger. Voila! :)
Not a debate. Just letting him know my experiences. I know people that will only use a bulkhead with silicone and they've never had a leak either. Just stating that you can have it without silicone and still no leaks. All good!

100gallon

This is the new sump.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415052497709.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415052497709.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 78

100gallon

Thanks! Don't mind the cloudiness or lack of trim around the bottom! Haven't got around to replacing it from changing tanks!

100gallon

Ok....time to stabilize lol. I have my ato functioning as of now...120 litre blue barrel for Rodi which my pump for ato sits in. Now time to plumb my 20 gallon fuge and it's time to get reefing!