Hockey Talk & Video Games Too.

theyangman

Distinguished Member
Undeniably if he can stay healthy all year, he is a shoe in to be a contender for the art ross. His health issues are surely a concern but his benefits outweigh the risks for me.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
It's a toss up, we shall see as the year goes on if I made a mistake or if you made a mistake.
Who do you all have for defense?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Things start up tomorrow night boys. Just paid Rogers and insane amount so that I don't have to watch strombolouopolopolopp;olus fuck up hockey (anyone seen the ridiculous commercials where they try to make people believe he knows anything about hockey?). So long hockey night in canada. I'll tune in for Don Cherry then tune right back out.

Ironic I have to pay rogers to not watch a channel that rogers screwed up because rogers owns EVERYTHING.

theyangman

Distinguished Member
Here is my team of 16:

C: Crosby & Tavares
RW: Skinner (FML, he went down with a concussion on sunday), Eberle
LW: Benn, Couture (I forgot I had him, I have two sharks lol)
D: Karlsson, Giordano, Weber, and Yandle
G: Rask & Miller
Bench: Hertl, MacKinnon, Suter, Bobrovsky.

It was a weird draft.

1. Crosby
2. Tavares
3. Rask
4. Karlsson
5. Benn
6. Mackinnon (in the 6th round!!!)
7. Miller
8. Weber
9. Couture
10. Eberle
11. Yandle
12. Hertl
13. Suter
14. Bobrovsky
15. Giordano
16. Skinner

It's just with a bunch of old friends, and more than a few who can't name more than say 20 players off the top of their head. Trades can get ugly and most get veto'd right away.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Lol by the look of that list you may have it in a lock down,
I play in a league with 12 guys who could name every player in the league pretty much and know a majority of stats of the top of their heads haha

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Went to the sad, smelly villa of detroit last night. Surprisingly good fans for the wings games, except of course for "that guy". The guy that would have had an air horn if he could have, and been blowing it in your ear. It was awesome, he was shouting "boston sucks!" at the top of his lungs, right up to the shootout loss. I had been quiet all game, but turned around and said "guess they don't suck afterall huh?".

This pic summed up the redwing fans.... but, good place to watch a game on the cheap.

Attachments

• red.jpg
    red.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 64

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Let's see if the struggling Bruins can take on the Sharks. For SURE the sharks are going to win the Cup this year, so it's a moot point, but still interesting to see if their boneheaded trading of boychuk was the nail in the coffin for this dynasty team.

theyangman

Distinguished Member
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=747317

Damn...... Who would have thought he would be fired this year? The leafs are actually not doing terrible.....

They are ranked #2 in goals for in the LEAGUE. (Blows my mind too. Look it up, I couldn't make shit like this up if I tried)

The downside is they are ranked 26th in goals against.... Which is a problem.

So the forwards are clicking. The backend kinda blows though. (reimer is one of the bottom 10 goalies in the league right now)

If you asked me last week, I would have bet money that Todd Mclellan would have been fired before Carlyle.

Toronto is still in a wildcard spot after all....

Who steps into replace Randy? Bylsma? Crawford? ......... Babcock by some wicked twist of fate and dumptrucks full of money?

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Won't be Babcock, he's Canadian and he's happy were he is,
They wouldn't listen to Carlyle , can't have a 'leader/ instructor '
That no one listens too, lack of discipline and respect of authority on the leafs team.

We aren't doing terrible but the last 10 games we only won 3, I think their trying to stop a trend before it starts