Poseidons Tube Tower Fw Tank

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Check valves are brutal for back pressure better if there is any way to mount the air pump above the water level with as little hose as possible. I have a few dual line air pumps even bnib

Even better advice, only no one really wants it visible, plus they can be noisy, so a lot of people try and hide them. Guess it is a lesser of two evils situation.

Sewerat

Super Active Member
So if this tank is in the basement. What about putting the air pump in the living room upstairs. Lol. Reverse the basement sump idea. I was actually thinking you should have drilled low and direct into the UG system very short run of air line

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Is there room inside that black canopy or a small corner shelf on the wall hidden by the canopy?

The canopy sits flush with the stop, I am considering re doing it, to allow it to slide down a few inches, that way I can hide a small bag of carbon, as well as a heater , and maybe I can possibly incorporate a shelf on the back or something for the pump....
Hmmm

Or I just get a power ful enough pump that i can put it on the floor haha

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
i have a monster dual line air pump only got it for curing my rock was running 8 lines into 3.5' of water all blowing strong was the biggest one steve at living aquariums had in stock and is the same kind he uses to aerate his 2 bathtub size vats..... plus has a dial to fine tune and is as loud as the air pump on my sons 20 gal

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Bandon, why not give Jerry a call at the store in Brantford, closeout sale - he will have what you need I bet and probably cheap - just a thought

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Thanks sunny and everyone else, I'm going to grab one off of Rob.

I added more fish today.
Everyone is healthy- eating and happy

4 fancy guppies, 2 platys, 1 angel ( small) will take him out in the future if he gets too large. And 1 Pleco.
I think that's almost all , I might ad 1 or 2 more platys but that's about it

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Tubs doing great, had some fresh water ick, but just did a 3 day furan treatment and everyone looks happy and healthy no casualties ! :)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
I also added two Chinese LED bulbs, which came with remotes and change colour on several different settings.
Awessssommmmeeee

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
d21eeb4f484a59d71a2f22343fed107a.jpg

0b7823e593b863ac9ddda780866cb65b.jpg

5f1aabc27f9bbea26009afee754982e8.jpg

dcfc5c7000e4d50abc6f4a77311fdc96.jpg

I always have it set on a slow fade in between all the colours , really calming, I love it.
Feed the fish pellets every other day, top off with 1 cup a water ever other week, 5 gal water change once a month. So flipping easy haha

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Fish are mostly from
Big Al's London- Aaron, tony said he wanted to see a pic of it when I bought them off him, I just remember now lol