Photos from Canadian Parks

jroovers

Super Active Member
Close to home, Pinery PP a couple of nights ago on the Summer Solstice, 4 shots stitched together.

14307058568_3450adee1b_h.jpg

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
Great pictures. You have made me miss living in Alberta now :(

5 years up north on a military base. Great spot to grow up :) I just wish I had the camera I have now, while I was there! Did you do many of the water falls between Jasper and Banff?

jroovers

Super Active Member
Thanks guys!

J_T said:

5 years up north on a military base. Great spot to grow up :) I just wish I had the camera I have now, while I was there! Did you do many of the water falls between Jasper and Banff?

It is certainly nice out there, I can't wait to go back sometime soon. The base wasn't Suffield by chance was it? Not that far north, so maybe you mean somewhere else.

We didn't do much stopping between Banff and Jasper (other than staying at Lake Louise). All of the stuff around Banff was closed due to the flooding, and we had to plan our drives/stops around our son's napping schedule, he was 10 months old at the time. If he was in the car and napping, we were reluctant to stop!

We did stop at Athabasca Falls of course:

14519592705_37ac75a61f_c.jpg

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
CFB Cold Lake. F18's and snow birds :) you get used to the noise :) if you google map it, you will see tons of jets. It must have been during maple flag. France, England, and the US, all send their best. Then you have a week or so of top gun over your house :)

If you go back, find a map with the waterfalls. Its like driving through hamilton. Lots of falls, but not known :)

Tews falls, iphone picture.

uqe4yze8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Re: RE: Photos from Canadian Parks

jroovers said:
Thanks guys!

J_T said:

It is certainly nice out there, I can't wait to go back sometime soon. The base wasn't Suffield by chance was it? Not that far north, so maybe you mean somewhere else.

We didn't do much stopping between Banff and Jasper (other than staying at Lake Louise). All of the stuff around Banff was closed due to the flooding, and we had to plan our drives/stops around our son's napping schedule, he was 10 months old at the time. If he was in the car and napping, we were reluctant to stop!

We did stop at Athabasca Falls of course:

14519592705_37ac75a61f_c.jpg

Thank you for this spectacular picture. It is now my wallpaper on my tablet

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jroovers

Super Active Member
J_T said:
CFB Cold Lake. F18's and snow birds :) you get used to the noise :) if you google map it, you will see tons of jets. It must have been during maple flag. France, England, and the US, all send their best. Then you have a week or so of top gun over your house :)

If you go back, find a map with the waterfalls. Its like driving through hamilton. Lots of falls, but not known :)

Tews falls, iphone picture.

uqe4yze8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds similar to staying at a hotel near the airport! That would be cool when all of the jets are there, like a free air show, but probably even better. :)

I've read a lot about the Hamilton area falls, but never really toured them, it is on my list of things to do. Those falls look really similar to the bridal veil falls on manitoulin, which makes sense, given it is the same escarpment.

Big_Als_London said:
Thank you for this spectacular picture. It is now my wallpaper on my tablet

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

:D

jroovers

Super Active Member
Recent one from Kawartha Highlands PP, composite of 6 images stitched together. The milky way looked brighter when I edited it initially, in hindsight I may try and bring it out a bit more with a little more processing.

14824187797_26b8d23414_b.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2014-8-29_9-37-59.png
    upload_2014-8-29_9-37-59.png
    386 bytes · Views: 78

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
The picture look really alive Jordan, kinda scary, feel like I was there looking at it. Are you thinking of framing it to sell :). I thinking of two for my two washroom lol.

P.S not the pic of the bear :eek: