New System Build

onecansay

Well everyone. Embarking on a new journey.

I am upgrading to a larger system. No, it will not be a mega gallon system. What I am doing is going from a 50 gallon 36x18x18 and 36x12x12 23 gallon sump to an 85 gallon 36x28x20 walk around DT and 28x30x16 Sump.

New travelling lighting system as well.

My first order of business is to build a monitor/controller system. The mainstream controllers today can be very expensive so I am going to build an 'Arduino System' to control my new system. The basic components are on the way to begin the build. This should be interesting.

Should you wish to follow along I will be posting pictures and my youtube channel will also have the 'moving' pictures.

This build will take a few months and hopefully be up and running by mid spring.

As progress with the control system continues I hopefully will be able to help others whom wish to add some cost effective monitoring and control.

Thanks all,

onecansay

onecansay

Hello all. Just a quick update.

While waiting for the electronic hardware to arrive I have been working on the foundation of the new system.

THE STAND.

It is about 85 percent done. Just need to add three more braces, adjustable feet and some cosmetic welds.
IMG_20140824_144612.jpg

Thanks,

onecansay.

onecansay

Well here is the first step in my DIY controller system.

Had these two old computer switching devices donated and can use all the outlets, some of which will be directly controlled by the controller.

IMG_20140826_182544.jpg

The guts. Will cut hole in top of one and bottom of the other. Lighted switches will be a nice touch as they are already there to use.
IMG_20140826_182649.jpg

This is how they will be stacked. Should make a great enclosure. Will be housed in the sump area.

IMG_20140826_182626.jpg

Updates as I progress.

onecansay.