Starting over, questions abound!

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Have you thought about turning your lights off for 3 days while your cleanup crew takes care of the GHA?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
I actually had them off all week. Didn't seem to help. I've got 5 turbos doing an amazing job of cleaning it up. Just got sunblasters yesterday so just rigged them up quick to see how well they work.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Got home today and noticed my zebra eel laying on his side. Thought maybe he managed to knock some rock over and get trapped. Moved the rocks that were around him, and he swam away seemingly fine. Then started twitching. Anyone know what's going on? Not the best video, but you can see what I mean.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Most farms use the sun.

A bluer spectrum is where you actually get your colour on corals. They use the blue spectrum to colour themselves.

The aqua blue special bulb might be an idea. It is a very white blue bulb, it will overpower 3 blue bulbs in a 4 bulb fixture.
These seem to be exactly what I was looking for! Only bought one to try out, will definitely be buying a few more. Thanks for recommending!

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
I know nems are somewhat of a mystery as far as behaviour goes but does anyone know why mine went from this (the one on the right)
cba5a357116bc3d73703829042b33a83.jpg

To this in about 20 minutes
642675d95a78bf1897b361e79d655a59.jpg

Returned to normal about an hour later.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Already had it for 24 hours, but yeah suppose it was still getting comfortable. Prob should've mentioned this was after the clowns were taken out. Maybe pissed it off!

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
I will be acquiring a dwarf lion in the next week or so. I know a varied diet is important for them. Also aware feeders are a no-no (not to mention I don't want it preying on tankmates). Anyone have experience with these guys? What should I plan on feeding it?

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Can pressure treated wood be painted? I need pine stock that is 1 5/8" x 1 5/8" to trim the corners of my tank to hide glass edges/silicone. Of course, common lumber found in home depot/lowes doesn't exceed 1 1/2" thick. I was thinking I could rip down a 4"x4" pressure treated post, but not sure if it's possible to paint with tremclad to match my stand. Suggestions?

bart84

Yes it can just don't use latex. It will peel after a while. What about trim and base board. When I did mine I found some that was 2 inch to edge my corners

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Yes it can just don't use latex. It will peel after a while. What about trim and base board. When I did mine I found some that was 2 inch to edge my corners
Just the way i built my stand. Trying to keep style consistent. Will post pic when finished so you can see what I mean.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Thinking of replacing pump on my vertex in250 skimmer, as it is the only thing making noticeable noise in my setup. Is anyone using a bubbleblaster skimmer pump? Are they quiet? How do I figure out what size/model to use?