Store Presence On The Forums

Aquariums by Design

Website Affiliate
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Hey Everyone,
My name is Stace and I am the owner of Aquariums by Design in Waterloo. During the first few years of operation I have seldom paid much attention to any of the local forums. However, the last few months I've been on here checking things out every few days and have even chirped in on a few topics.
I'd like to start becoming more active on the Forum and I'm not sure the relationship between a lot of the Forum members and local aquarium stores but I'm hoping to build a strong relationship with the members. Hopefully my years of experience as a hobbyist and on the retail end will prove useful.
I promise to not constantly push my products etc. but only to offer help and advice. I understand that the Reef Hobby can be expensive and I quite frequently see chats on here about group buys, internet buys etc. and I totally get that. If ever I can offer or pass along some good deals I will let you all know!
I've been blown away by the level of knowledge on here and the amount that even after all these years that I've learned.
Can't wait to get more involved and I'm also willing to sponser and help out this Forum in any way I can.
I'm also very open to any suggestions any of you may have for the store as well. Anything you'd like to see more of as far as livestock, drygoods etc.
Here's a brief summary of my aquarium career....
* 5 years working at National Aquarium in Cambridge (probably too long ago for most of you to remember this store)
* 17 years as manager of Aquarium Services in Kitchener
* Started Aquariums by Design about 15 years ago as an aquarium servicing company
* Opened Aquariums by Design retail store Dec. 2011.
* Avid Scuba Diver with over 50 Caribbean dives logged and counting including Stuart Cove Shark Dive.
* Have had a 72 gallon half circle reef tank, 220 gallon in wall reef tank among many others. Currently have a 425 gallon tank in my wall at home empty (no time currently to start it up).

Thanks everyone, can't wait to get more involved!

Stace Bleich
Aquariums by Design

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Welcome ( officially)
Haha, great forum to be active on, everyone always sharing info means everyone is always learning something new, doesn't matter how experienced you are.
I don't think this site allows official 'sponsors' but donating or promoting is always awesome!

heath

Distinguished Member
Hi Stace, huge welcome to the site. I've not been to your store but maybe a road trip is in order.
Heath
p.s. great group of people here, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Welcome Stace
I remember National Aquarium in Cambridge, on 24 ? it was a regular haunt of ours many years ago, I've wondered many times where Bruce ended up. He was a good friend. I'll have to make a trip to your store soon and check it out.

Aquariums by Design

Website Affiliate
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Bruce is doing really well and lives in the Bahamas now right on the Ocean and has a really nice yacht! I talk to him often and he's loving life these days!
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I can't wait to get more involved!

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Awhhhh Stace, thanks for the update ! I am happy to hear that life is good for Bruce ! I always hoped for nothing but the best for him. How fitting that he end up on the ocean edge !

Blake

Welcome Stace,

I'm sure I've met you up at the store a handful of times being from the KW area, and even remember you from Al's way back. I haven't been an active member for long but everyone here has got the same goal to help others and offer whatever they can!

Cheers

Blake

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Welcome!

I can't speak for Rick (Forum Owner) but generally we tend to shy away from "sponsors" as it can lead to a site like this becoming a site like AP where people are removed for dissing a sponsor etc, politics starts to play and somewhere, someone lost their soul. :)