Rkl Help!!!

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Hey Everyone

I got Jim's old RKL. I added a Net Module too and after a few hours of headaches, that seems to be connecting fine. Can access it no problems from my PC. Still having issues getting it to be able to send email notifications. I keep getting an error after entering my email information. Any suggestions?

I'm having problems finding the SID cable. Jim must have forgot to give that to me. Is there any place that you can purchase this cable? It's not listed on the DA site at all.

I'd really like to set this thing up through MYREEF, but can't unless I have the SID cable.

Also I'm having issues programming the each individual plugs on the PC4. I've read the manual and it doesn't seem to explain which plug(on the PC4) is which on the RKL display menu.

Any help would be great.

I'm mainly trying to get my heaters set up on it along with possibly programming a standby for my skimmer and main circulation pump for feeding modes.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Jim probably named the plugs, I would do a factory reset and start fresh, writ all your NET info down. It's way easier to program with myreef, get the SID from Jim if he has it. I think you have to contact DA support to get a SID, they're @ $30.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Also when you go menu, modules, pc4, the plugs are listed in order 1 2 3 4 as you scroll down.
Set up your heater as a controller, I use .2 as the hysterius (differencial).
Don't use plugs 2 or 3 for very small loads like dosing pumps, they are triacs and might not turn off.

Last edited:

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Thanks.

I've actually done a factory reset on both the RKL and the Net module. And still having issues with finding the plugs.

Also I'm having a hell of a time setting up the email notifications on the net module. Can't seem to connect. The email test always fails. Any suggestions there?

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
press Menu then arrow up or down to Modules then Enter then arrow up or down to PC4 then Enter then plugs are listed in order with 1 at the top.
I never hooked up the NET when I had RK so can't help there, the DA forum prob your best bet there.

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Thanks. I actually just finished over at the forum. Figured out that Rogers, gmail and hotmail email accounts won't work to send from. Needed to sign up for GMX email account. Entered mail.gmx.com port #587 and works like a charm.

I don't understand why after a factory reset why the plug numbers don't reset either.

No matter. I got the heater set up on plug 3 and set it all up. So good enough for now until I get more involved with this and maybe get the SID cable and use myreef to really dial it in.

Thanks for the advice Pistol.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Great to hear you got it, when you get the SID you will be able to easily program and name the plugs and such with MYREEF.

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
It's funny. I can change it in the NET module, but won't show up on the head unit.

The Net module lets me do almost all my programming too. The only thing I've noticed it doesn't do so far is change names of the channels, and set up the alarm.

I have my friend coming today to see if he can set up a static IP address so I can access this from any internet connection without being on my home network. If all goes well. I should be able to view and turn on and off outlets while I'm on the road.

I'm actually quite surprised at how much this can do. Considering it's not a Apex and just the RK lite.

Where is everyone buying modules, probes, and accessories for the DA products? Online?

4Hummer

J&L Aquatics will sell you the SID V2.0 if you need it. Just call them and ask (not listed on there website) it's where I order all my ReefKeeper parts.

If you need to borrow my SID, just let me know. Some of the older Firmware has issues with renaming Plugs.

Digital Aquatics JUST released a new Controller (Will plug into all existing ReefKeeper modules)
They are calling it Archon. you wont need the Net Module anymore with it, and it can be programmed from ANY device, Mac, PC, Phone etc. Both Wired and Wireless, and a bunch of other features...

I'm personally looking forward to their Doser.