Reactor

mig

Website
www.cameroncollision.com
Well, I cracked my two fishes reactor when I tripped bringing it up the basement stairs...doh... I started running GFO a couple weeks ago because after picking up a Hanna Phosphate test kit I had to address my reading of 1.63. I took it out because I was going to replace the GFO and I was thinking of mixing Carbon and GFO in the same reactor with a filter floss between them but now since I have to replace it anyhow is there a 2 cylinder reactor available or should I get 2 reactors or??? I also wonder if I can just buy a replacement cylinder for the two fishes reactor or maybe someone has one for parts.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I like my tlf set up. Most likely the same as yours. Brs has a nice 2 chamber. But they also have a one chamber for both and a video on it that is worth a watch to better weigh the pros and cons in your set up

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

mig

Website
www.cameroncollision.com
Thx Torx I'll check out the video on BRS, interested in that, thx unibob for the reply you have the tlfs in stock and I may contact you about one, I am hoping to get some input on what folks are using for run both gfo and carbon at the same time.

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
I use a TLF 550 reactor for my GFO and a TLF 150 reactor for my carbon. Seems to work well. I find that the 150 reactor is a bit small for all the gfo I need to run. Also having two reactors allows me to run the proper flow rate through the GFO, and more through my carbon.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
I also run - gfo- carbon- and bio pellets in 3 seperate tlf 150's, very handy reactors. But you def want to run the stuff separate

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
They reduce nitrates in the system.
They are not right for everyone, I suggest reading up on them. Should be a lot of info online

mig

Website
www.cameroncollision.com
Good to know, I've been dealing with extremely high nitrates and been running nitriguard in a 'bomb' which has worked very well however if nitriguard or another product would work in a reactor it would be much more convenient.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Good to know, I've been dealing with extremely high nitrates and been running nitriguard in a 'bomb' which has worked very well however if nitriguard or another product would work in a reactor it would be much more convenient.

Nitra guard will work in a reactor, I have seen people run it with a skimmer pump instead of a normal pump. Leave the air open full blast :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk