Hydnophora Sp

Jewel

I have acquired a 2 inch frag, Just wondering what you all think of it, I've been doing some research as always and it seems to be a very aggressive Coral, I've had a Galaxia Coral in the past and it was banished to the outer edge of the Reef LOL, Does anyone have any experience with this Coral?

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I have no experience with that species but I have read that if you have any nuisance species like hydroids or whatever then the hydnophora can possibly sting them and snuff them out.... I'm not really sure though if the hydno actually gets any long sweepers on it though....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
it does have long sweepers, so keep it far way from anything you care about it.

I tried telling a friend about them, he didn't listen and now lives in a van down by the river because she did just that, took away everything he cared about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jewel

I haven't received it yet, In the midst of a trade but it looks to be a tan colour and as it has encrusted on the plug it appears to be a bright green, I expect it to continue to brighten up and will place it high in the tank probably 3 inches away from anything else. The member who has it looks to have placed it on the sand bed but they require high lite and high water flow. I've got the perfect place for it.

Jewel

Here is the pic that was sent to me.

Attachments

• IMG_20140207_201742_edit_edit_zpsb70997b8.jpg
    IMG_20140207_201742_edit_edit_zpsb70997b8.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 49